Redis

This shit is totaly useless and has no reason to exist. All it does can be done i ten different ways without it already. Solved 0 problems so far.

Attached: 10064.jpg (1500x727, 58.48K)

it's used for caching, I use it to cache sessionTokens and expore them. if you are using it for something else... stop that

I don't cone to 4channem to read plebbis posts

You don't need Redis dor caching nigger.

rdbms does it better

What makes you think you have to use Redis for caching?

you don't NEED anything
usually more expensive , larger lead time. Redis is for simple tasks
You don't have to do anything, but it's pretty obvious Redis is for caching things.

99 % of the time I'd probably just use a hashmap.

t. one server wonder dev

this reminds me of the based matrix printer retard. imagine some dev ops guy trying to figure out why memory using is steadily increasing after implementing anons code. decides to cycle the server and "drops" the prod cache.

What's the problem with Cookies and direct In Memory caching exactly? Why do you consider Redis to be a better alternative?

One server is enough for a vast majority of use cases. Most services are bottlenecked by the database (on a separate server), not business logic execution. But if you're doing something else or using serverless, then sure, use redis.

If your server can't stand dropping it caches without malfunctioning you've made some bad decisions.

>Most services are bottlenecked by the database (on a separate server), not business logic execution
Which is why you should cache your database calls

>it's used for caching, I use it to cache sessionTokens and expore them. if you are using it for something else... stop that
>You don't need Redis dor caching nigger.
>rdbms does it better
>What makes you think you have to use Redis for caching?
>99 % of the time I'd probably just use a hashmap.
>What's the problem with Cookies and direct In Memory caching exactly? Why do you consider Redis to be a better alternative?
jesus christ. first time I've visited this board in ages and it's even worse now

I'm not even going to elaborate why each of these is so fucking stupid. the blind calling the blind blind. not a single even half-intelligent poster on either the pro or anti side. isn't dumb but just making an easy jab at someone who is rather than addressing the thread topic

the thing that makes this board so bad is people not only are uninformed but posture as if they're experienced. Hacker News, as insufferable and reddit-like as it is, is genuinely hundreds of times less dumb than this board. at least there the claimed and actual experience is a little closer

What does that have to do with multiple servers? You don't need redis if you're just caching things for one service, you can use an in-language hashmap as I suggested (obviously you need like 100 lines of code for cycling items, but that's completely trivial) or a library like node-cached.

>giant seething rant about muh board quality
>posts nothing of value regarding the topic
kys

>only does memory caching
>doesn't support a complete query language
>500k loc plus tip

Damn

Nigger

isn't it open source? htf do you have to pay for it

>Call everyone stupid for not understanding redis
>Doesn't elaborate
Peak Any Forums tech discussion

>Solved 0 problems so far
Solves the "go fast in a cluster" problem.
implement spam filtering in a mail cluster without redis and watch latency jump through the roof and mails taking minutes to be delivered.