/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Read the sticky:
>GNU/Linux questions >Windows questions >PC building? >Programming questions >Good, cheap, laptops >Cheap electronics >Server questions >Buying headphones
How to find/activate any version of Windows?
rentry.org/installwindows

Previous Thread:

Attached: ay95jLp_460swp.jpg (460x403, 82.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

comptia.org/certifications/network
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>6 hours without an SQT
I guess this is proof that stupidity *has* limits.

Attached: 1644566628027.jpg (3408x2214, 2.2M)

I prefer to think of it as people being too stupid to make one.

There's already another thread up, retards.

Hi, noob here. I need to execute this command automatically after booting the PC, before the login screen (LightDM)

sync; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

The reason is that I use a Mac Pro 2,1 under GNU/Linux and there's a bug with the Intel CPU that screws up the cache and makes the Mac slow because something related to boot does not get cleared from the CPU cache. Otherwise I always have to "Suspend" the machine and turn it back on.

Believe it or not it does play Sekiro, Gears 5 and DS3 easily

Attached: mac cache.png (914x279, 72.15K)

So somebody did try to make a thread but fucked up and left /sqt/ out. Stupidity is infinite. Top kek.

Anyone here interview with CGI before? I got an invite to interview for a software development internship and Im wondering about the technical interviews. Do they toss you whiteboard stuff or give you homework assignments etc.?

Attached: file.png (300x168, 8.13K)

I think you can make your init system do this, but the details are going to depend on which one it is.

Any way to create a file on my desktop that I can execute after logging in so I won't need to "Suspend" then get off my ass, turn it back on and sit back? Please

do you mean a file that just runs the command you mentioned? or does that only work if you do it before logging in.

anything, automatically would be best, before or after, even a simple double click would be fine
I use the terminal so far
leaving for work now, bye

I think you can make a shell script executable by double-clicking.
But the init system is probably the right way to go.
You can find guides online for how to do it on your distro.

Is there someway to stop the index on Any Forums from updating when I click on a new page, without needing to have JS enabled?

Thanks

Hey i have a question regarding Reddit live. When I comment, the comment disappears and only I can see it. Was I shadowbanned? Wasn't used to be like this until recently.

You can reply to the invitation asking what the process looks like. My company even sends the specific interview questions if a candidate asks.

Sounds like a shadow ban.

This looks like the right thing: comptia.org/certifications/network
Even if you don't intend to enroll, look at the "What Skills Will You Learn?" section for specific stuff to learn.

>price to take the test
guess i'm stuck with fast food or retail
especially considering i'm canadian

I'm in the process of creating a new cluster on Google Cloud that will allow me to host multiple environments (development & testing) of a thing I'm working on.

The idea was to create a cluster that consists of two node pools:
1. default-pool w/ two e2-small nodes
2. preemptive-pool w/ two e2-small nodes (tainted)

Host the DB on the default-pool and stateless stuff on the preemptive pool.

When trying to create the cluster I get the following error:

Insufficient regional quota to satisfy request: resource "IN_USE_ADDRESSES": request requires '4.0' and is short '3.0'. project has a quota of '4.0' with '1.0' available.

Seems like a different cluster is using up all my IP addresses... This is quota I need to get raised by google. And sales chat hasn't been very helpful.

Is there a way to create the second cluster (without removing the first)?

> Upload wrong screenshot

Attached: fml.png (882x739, 113.88K)