Intel is releasing CPU's that have locked features until you pay extra

>tomshardware.com/news/intel-software-defined-cpu-support-coming-to-linux-518
>intel is releasing CPU's that have locked features until you pay extra
>you will literally be able to download more CPU
>it's only a matter of time before you can download more RAM
What a time to be alive.

Attached: 1605593340841.gif (220x322, 19.67K)

It's an easier way to purchase features. As a whole everything is cheaper, and for $100, you get $100's worth of CPU power. Why would you be entitled for more?

Not download, subscribe. It will be the worst of both worlds.

They need to put eeproms on motherboards and let you pay for the shit you need and just sell you a base CPU that's unlocked with no microcode.

Finally, baseddevs will be forced to write more efficient code. There will be two versions of every software, one for plebs one for patricians. Don't forget to pay your monthly subscription!

>even CPUs will be SaaS

EVERY ONE OF YOU CUNTS THAT CONTRIBUTED TO THIS TIMELINE DESERVES THE ROPE

Retard

Attached: 9-18-10-intel600.jpg (600x392, 42.28K)

It's more the blatant absurdity of buying a piece of hardware that doesn't do what it's supposed to do until you pay extra. Some serious dystopian horror future shit. Just sell me the product, please.

for the low price of $5 per month your CPU will no longer be handicapped!

we will still sell all your data to advertising companies and the NSA though!!

welcome to the future of tech!

>first AMD with pluton
>now Intel with pay for power CPUs
What a dark time it is right now for consumer hardware. Hopefully it won't get any worse.

there is no consumer hardware, there is only rent
you rent everything

you can bet there is someone in an office somewhere working on a pitch to make access to breathable air a subscription service

it will never end, late stage capitalism

Im fine with pirating hardware. The world is doomed anyway, this is just a little cherry on top.

It does what you pay for. This is capitalism, please respect intellectual property and know your place.

What’s going on with AMD?

They're the first company adding some shit from Microsoft designed for """security""" to their new line of CPUs.
In reality, it is probably going to be Intel ME 2.0 with even more spying potential since it connects to Microsofts cloud to do who knows what.

HaaS

Attached: Nikita-Mazepin-Haas-PA-6.jpg (1200x768, 175.48K)

>you are now forced to run ancient hardware or go to great lenghts to hack & isolate the new crappy hardware

What a time to be alive, the future promised us a proper Linux desktop on a quantum CPU and all we got was Intel's DRM nirvana.

finally I'll be able to pirate a cpu

Attached: pirate chad.png (680x878, 238.8K)

It's obviously gonna get pirated

>>it's only a matter of time before you can download more RAM
Yeah, I smell Tesla here.

This isn't remotely new

This is your fault. You voted for it.