Immortality discussion - technology

Would you accept technology that would give you immortality. What if your consciousness what scanned put into a virtual meta or whatever will soon come. Your physical body of course expires but computers can simulate and keep alive consciousness. Would you do it? Do you think this will happen in this century?

Attached: immortality.jpg (867x650, 85.02K)

Will not happen and i would not accept it.
Fuck kikes and fuck the metaverse and all their transhumanist bullshit.
You will not escape from God's wrath.

>What if your consciousness what scanned put into a virtual meta or whatever
Not immortality. Immortality would be a jar that keeps your brain alive forever and adapts neuron pathways to interface with external sensors.

THIS
I wanna be "they saved Hitler'e brain" 'd

Keep my original body or no deal! It's part of what makes me the way I am. It's not really immortality if your body has to die for it.

Your brain would be emulated by a computer.
When you go under for surgery your copy of your consciousness is stopped by having the communication between your neurons stopped. Your neurons physically have connections with other neurons, which is the wiring for your brain.
Your neurons are allowed communication again once the amnesia wares off and you have no experience of the surgery, in fact time never happened for you. Your consciousness is started again.

It is feasible to see how a computer can emulate your brain.

Absolutely not. I would have before 9-11. Everything too retarded even now, it will only get worse.

That's just a simulated version of you. You still die. Feel like only arrogant people who think the world couldn't survive without them would bother.

Would it really be your consciousness or just a clone of your consciousness?

No.

>your copy of your consciousness is stopped
>Your consciousness is started again.
This is a contradiction. You are a single consciousness. Duplicates do not constitute 'you'. If a copy of your consciousness experiences some event, you do not. A computer emulation is therefore not capable of sustaining immortality.

This so much. I swear it's like people don't think.

Fpbp

Go back to /x/

Filtered

They don't. They just parrot whatever horseshit they hear elon musk or kurzgesagt spout.

Immortality is a curse. Death is a blessing to all life because they are finally free from this world's problem and responsibilities. The goal of all life is death.

if we even see this technology in our life time. its only going to be available for the ultra rich. they're going to let us die out just like the niggers starving in africa.

Copying/scanning/transfering/emulate means that is not you, just a clone of you, it will never be you

agree!
how anyone with little brain say something like that and call it immortality damn

Yeah sure.
Maybe this way I'll manage to meet with my waifu or at least wait for the waifu technology to arrive.

Yes, goyim. Enter the matrix, and remove white genes from the planet. Niggers are easier to control, and once the global IQ lowers to room temperature, no one will be able to maintain the Matrix. The computers will all shut down, erasing money and reducing people to the middle ages, whom we can control by showing them the sorcery of electricity.

Why would I want to be immortal?
I can see myself wanting to live 200 years, maybe 500.
But forever seems extremely boring.