Smart TVs hate

Why is it so hard on today's market to find a decent non-smart TV

I already have like 3 devices that do a better job with streaming services than a bloody Smart TV

Hell, I just one a simple 1080p TV to enjoy my PS3, PS4 and PC on peace.

Attached: 1621727581843.png (664x606, 368.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mariotaku/moonlight-tv#download
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because Smart TVs are 100% for data collection.

I tried installing PiHole on my network a couple years ago, and every app on my Roku TV immediately shit the bed and refused to load or had bugs out the ass.

If I try to connect that same TV to a network with Pfblocker, it flat out won't even see the network. It won't even attempt to connect.

They're incredibly dependent on spyware and sending data. Best solution is to just get whatever TV has good specs, and then never connect it to your internet. Hell, find the MAC address and blacklist it on your router. Use another device to stream to it.

Attached: 1644416604267.jpg (1024x702, 79.65K)

My parents want one but im trying to find something comparable thats easy to use.

I got a sony tv and I just turned off wifi and don't connect ethernet. Is it foolproof/trustworthy? No. Accept that you can't get a big non-smart tv and either forego entirely or do what you can to mitigate botnet.

>buy large monitor
>watch shit on your monitor through your pc
TVs are obsolete. No sane person sits in a fucking living room with their family and watches brain-dead television like they did in the fucking 50s and 60s.
>BUT MAH CONSOLE
Consoles went obsolete over 20 years ago. They're called "modern PCs" and they play games better than any console ever could.

I picked up a Vizio that is ok. It is hardcoded to try quad 8s for DNS even if you set a custom dns server in it.
My FW blocks all outbound DNS that doesn't originate from the pihole. That forced the TV to use the pihole since it had no other choice.
Further I found the TV always wanted to access some logs.vizio.something domain so I blocked that as well. I emailed them about the domain and the vague answer I got was it was needed for the smart features to work. I blocked it and they still work fine so either it was employee incompetence or an outright lie.
Best bet though is to just get any TV, disable all features and get a small form factor PC to run everything from.

> End up buying Smart TV because it's cheapest
> Hate them because they are bloated shit with updates and other junk
> It's LG
> Turns out you can install Moonlight on LG's WebOS if you pretend to be a developer
> Now streaming my PC to my TV wireless via 5ghz LAN wifi and can play games over there with a controller hooked to the TV
Everything went better than expected

I enjoy some couch gaming at times on my PC, and to do that I need a proper TV, you boomer.

The other downside is that they are kind of expensive desu, I just want a cheap solution for my 1080p needs

Holy shit user, you're living the dream.

You should totally do guide on how to do that.

Attached: 1621111582564.jpg (692x629, 118.13K)

It's all on the dude's github github.com/mariotaku/moonlight-tv#download
I ended up over there because I had set up steam's in house streaming but the bitrate was dogshit and my shit looked all pixelated. With Moonlight you can just set up whatever inane shit you want, stream your entire desktop, etc.

You know you can put a TV in your room...?
They have better display technologies than monitors and are big enough to watch from bed.

get a smart tv then take out the wifi module
you can't get a 55" 4k monitor at the price of a tv you sperg lord

Yep. And all big panels are smart tvs
I just use a 32 in monitor
Fuck it

What do you mean by pretend to be a developer?

Can't you just use a monitor?

Take the used projectorpill.

do they no longer let you choose if you want smart mode or not?

nice

They need to authorize your account to give you developer mode so you can install stuff. They don't seem to give a shit on who they authorize though. Also you could just root it too maybe.

Normally the app would just be on the LG store or whatever, but they didn't like that it wasn't developed using the official SDK.

Gigabyte already makes the best non smart tv on the market. It uses an LG 4K OLED 120hz panel but comes with none of the garbage botnet. Has DisplayPort and HDMI 2.1.

Attached: 1644567034262.jpg (640x480, 46.28K)

>Hell, find the MAC address and blacklist it on your router.
be sure to disable random MAC on your botnet TV beforehand