Well, which is it?

Attached: ePub-vs-PDF-3b3d99f9b8164b579b07aa1988a607e6.jpg (2687x1436, 112.15K)

Epub. Now if only Kindles would fucking support it.

Epub to pdf to keep headers

epub for books, pdf for documents. you know, exactly what the two formats were fucking designed for. fucking clown.

pdf I just don't give a fuck

/thread

Html

This except citing epubs is a bitch, especially since nobody seems to be used to seeing them cited

pdf is trash. the only reason it still exists because of muh boomer legacy software compatibility and unwilingness to port from pdf to epub because it actually requires programming knowledge. epub is superior in every way than outdated pdf, but boomers wont change

pdf

Attached: 1586358936400.jpg (884x1200, 156.36K)

.rtf

>some people don't like what i like? they must be boomers who are afraid of change!
Holy shit, why is everyone in tech like this?

Magenta pill me on epub? The only experiences I've had with it was from 7 years ago not being able to get epub files to work with my pdf reader and being upsetty.

.epub is stupid, you have to install a separate reader program to use it but you could literally just use a single .html file with all stylesheets and images embedded (as base64), which justwerks on every computer with a browser and has the same technical features.
Pdf is better for printing or for making documents look exactly the same everywhere. It's also more compatible than epub.

epubs are shit for citations
because people would rather reinvent a working wheel than make a new one

.txt

Attached: 030.jpg (400x600, 51.72K)

Pdfs are for scanned documents
Epubs are for books
They aren't competing in anything, fucking retard.

>not being able to get epub files to work with my pdf reader
Are you retarded?

PDF solved the problem of exact digital replication. Do you have any idea how hard it is to have a complete guarantee that the document is going to be printed/displayed exactly as you want it to? No, you don’t. Because the entire web stack still can’t fucking do that.

And then there are people like you with "muh wheel".
Fuck, it's like Any Forums can only think in two ways

>"It's new so it must be better!
>"It's new so it must be worse!

Not a single person who can look at something for what it is. Fuck this place.
I use Arch btw, if that helps.

I take both if I can.

>Not a single person who can look at something for what it is. Fuck this place.
>I use Arch btw, if that helps.
Arch is Trash so you clearly can't look at something for what it is.