Why is functional programming so good? Why does it make so many people seethe?

Why is functional programming so good? Why does it make so many people seethe?

Attached: Functional programming.jpg (638x479, 55.8K)

My only beef with functional program is that it's a halfway point. Why not go the full way and use logic programming? There's even functional logic programming languages like minikanren which have embedded dsls in most languages. (core.logic in clojure is basically a minikanren implementation)

>functional programming
>jobs
LOL

Too bad, they all use either objects or have cuck license
the only good ones are Haskell (nhc98) and Clojure.

fp is just programming made easy, the problem is that the programs made this way have slow execution times and/or a non-negligible memory overhead

programming paradigms are not languages. there's plenty of functional in many "non-functional" languages. purists need not apply.

Attached: 1594731218874.png (299x330, 97.81K)

They aren't many but they exist and some of them (see: OCaml at Jane Street) pay really well

>They aren't many but they exist and some of them (see: OCaml at Jane Street) pay really well
The companies that hire functional programmers are doing it to filter out the idiots.

There’s literally nothing wrong with side effects. It’s a mathcel cope

It makes me seethe because everything that is fluent easy and sensible in scala is just so eternally tiresome in C++ in my new job. At least I get to work with llvm

so learning functional programming languages is like becoming a demigod and learning logic programming languages is like becoming a deity

huh

Take the circuit pill, then the SAT pill.

Optimizing compilers remove the overhead in most cases
All of those languages support effects

for me, it's linear programming, integer programmings, convex optimzations, in short: peak math modellings.

who are you quoting?

>Optimizing compilers remove the overhead in most cases
false

functional programming makes u feel smart and is slightly less prone to runtime errors doesnt do much more than that

ocaml and erlang are cool though

Because lambtard midwits can't into logic programming.

Maybe this isn’t the case for your language, but inlining is pretty common

There is only one functional language on the pic.

Inlining does not solve any of the problems presented.