Stupid Questions Thread

Read the sticky:

>GNU/Linux questions >Windows questions >PC building? >Programming questions >Good, cheap laptops >Cheap electronics >Server questions >Buying headphones How to find/activate any version of Windows?
rentry.org/installwindows

Previous Thread:

I've got this Android head unit in my car. It only wants to be a client device for phones and computers, and the options for pairing with things like headphones or an OBDII dongle are not present in the settings menu.
Is there a common way to pair headphones anyway?
This is from the "factory settings" menu (items changed here persist after factory resets), does anyone think these options might help?

Attached: IMG_20220210_183506_1.jpg (1746x2328, 567.14K)

Do data caps still exist in the US?

Anyone know of any foss android apps that allow you to control volume per app basis

I have a scenario I need someone to talk me through.

1. Boot from live CD, copy the entirety of Windows install from SSD to a back up drive
2. Format that SSD and install a linux distro from said live CD
3. Format the drive back to NTFS, copy all that data from step 1 back to the SSD

Would I be back to where I was before as if nothing happened, or would there be some issue that prevents me from booting?

I'm new to C++ and I'm rewriting a class full of functions from Python to C++.
Should I use pointers and references?
I don't fully understand what they provide for me. They seem to add a level of schizophrenia to the code.

The class is essentially a part of a simple game with actions and points, if that matters.

Attached: the-dark-knight-joker.gif (500x200, 923.88K)

I was required to take a C++ class and now I'm taking OOP where the instructor is having us use windows forms in visual studio. The thing is, the only options I'm seeing for forms are VB and C#. So far I've managed to get by with C# forms and google, but it's a pain in the ass. Is there an easy way to make forms with C++ that allows the instructor to compile the code without having to change settings or install anything extra?

can a powerbank infect a smartphone by connecting the powerbank to a charger and then connecting such smartphone to that very same charger?

Sure, if you deliberately design the powerbank and charger both to do this and to use an exploit the phone is vulnerable to.
However, if someone is trying to do this to you, they're probably the government, and they've either gotten any excuse they need to get rid of you some other way, or you're so far ahead of them that they're desperately grasping at straws (but no one is that good).

Does anyone remember that pajeet kid that posted fake programming tutorials just to get money from views? It was posted here a year or so ago. Sauce me if you can.

I’ve got a weird problem with my GTX titan x. It cranks out doom eternal with ease, but some games like New Vegas Risk of Rain 2 and TF2 do this full screen solid color crash, and sounds like a record skipping. It just baffles me since it handles doom at 100% utilization no problem. Anyone can help?

Yes, I have a 1TB/month one.

Theres an uncapped cable ISP that offers service to my address but I switched because they went down for several hours a week, this one doesn't. I solved the data-cap problem with a seedbox.

the dd utility will do this for you. it's a dumb block-level copying utility, and you can indeed use it to make an image of a drive. if you then scribble over that drive you can use dd to put the same image back on it and it'll be exactly as it was. Double-check that you give it the right device names, there's a reason for the old joke about how it stands for "disk destroyer".

There's an android head unit forum on XDA. You're better off asking there.

I do seem to recall accidentally nuking an entire 2TB external hard drive years ago fucking around with linux builds, though I don't know if I used that utility in particular. I'll keep this in mind. Thank you.

what is the most recent version of C++ and is this book good for it?
i'm already knee deep in this, so i don't want to have read half of this for nothing.

Attached: Solving with C++ tenth edition.jpg (299x370, 27.71K)

writing a block is writing a block regardless shit's being discarded or not

>3. Format the drive back to NTFS, copy all that data from step 1 back to the SSD
Ah, not a disk image but an actual file copy. I'd say it wouldn't work. I've copied Linux installs like that and it works after you edit the bootloader and fstab and whatnots to match the new UUID of the filesystem. And after setting the passwords and whatever else there was.

idk what would be the equivalent procedure for Windows, how do you "cp --archvice" Windows' NTFS files or how are the passwords and other "shadow"-like stuff stored.

anybody using obsidian? legit software or costumization autist wet dream?

Anons, please, don't fuck with me.
I'm dating this girl and she's having problems with her laptop. What should I tell her? I told her to install linux and inspect the drive with it, but I think she's too normalfag for that. Anything else I should tell her?

"Just give me the laptop, I'll take care of everything for you, baby".

Of course, I don't know what you should actually do to fix it, that depends on what problems the laptop is having.

user you're a fucking legend. We just went on our first date, and now I have a perfect excuse for the second one.

Attached: file.png (968x1038, 1018.33K)

Tell her to tell you to tell us what's actually wrong with it

Long disk is not available. I'm not sure what the fuck that means

You will most likely fuck it up

Great. Now tell me how one even gets a first date when you're done with school and working a job, and it's probably going to be painfully obvious you're inexperienced on any dating site you sign up on.

Uh shit, I met her through school. Process was
> Join class group chat
> I shitpost
> She responds back to shitpost
> I pretend to be a girl
> She says DM me tips on makeup
> I send her pic of my nails
> She calls me a crusty ass
> We started giving each other shit over DMs
> I just decided as a joke to ask "hey, wanna study together?"
> She brushes me off
> I said "Perfect when you wanna meet up"
> She says I'm waiting to find a cute boy
> I said let's meet up then
> She says what if I'm ugly
> I went and wrote a contract saying I will not make fun of her if she's ugly
> we meet up
> we walked around campus
> She offered me a hug, literal autism prevented me from hugging her
> She's cute but a libtard.
I think my advice is be a spammer. I asked out over a hundred girls. Desu I didn't even know she would actually go on a date with me, I just asked just to shitpost
Maybe go to bars? I'm not sure. Sorry I can't be much help, I have never been with a women. I can't even accept hugs. I wish you the best

Any way to bypass this shit that isn't "just make an account bro"?

Attached: twitter.png (562x90, 5.61K)