What is harder to build, a computer or a car? Like is a CPU harder to build than an engine?

What is harder to build, a computer or a car? Like is a CPU harder to build than an engine?

Attached: 1635880937140.jpg (800x1712, 270.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire-pressure_monitoring_system#America
nadaguides.com/Cars/2017/GMC/Sierra-3500/Crew-Cab-Denali-4WD/Specs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Engine is harder to build, cpu is harder to develop.

Depends on what you mean by car.
If you mean NHTSA and EPA compliant car with everything everyone expects of a new car, then the car is obviously more complicated due to the computers in it.
Also depends on what you mean by computer. People have built calculators from stock materials with only hand tools.
However, very early production model cars could be built with fewer machine tools than any computer featuring an actual microchip.

cars have gotten more pigfat and heavier due to safety requirements

Cars have computers inside them nowadays

>What is harder to build, a computer or a car?
i believe cars sold in usa in 2022 are legally required to also include computers, so cars would be more difficult to build by default

Car. So many variences and calibration you need to deal with. Timing, parts, torque.
Computers are pretty much adult lego nowadays. Even simpler cause part a can only fit slot a

Attached: Anime-длиннопост-Тульпа-2559679.jpg (811x608, 102.93K)

Checked.
Also nah, they're required to pass emissions and to do that you need a computer to deal with engine management.
You can pull the cars ecm out and have it so a failure but it'll either run like shit because limp mode or not run

cars legally require obd2 since 1995 i think
and they require tpms since 2007

Yep. All for emissions
Not so much tpms. My diesel dually doesn't have tpms

>My diesel dually doesn't have tpms
im guessing youre either not american, or your truck was made before 2007
>All for emissions
the reason doesnt really matter. you cant legally build a car in america in 2022 and drive on public roads, unless you include computers

No its literally a 2017 GMC Sierra 3500
You're right in regards to the reason. VW got their dick rock hard when they used their computer to cuck all the test centers

I still love how they managed it though
>all tests are done with hood open
>program ECU to be more efficient whenever hood is open

Even better! Obd plugged in
But Yea. Modern American truck. No tpms.

Attached: Screenshot_20220210-182813.png (1440x3120, 168.5K)

do you still have the factory wheels and tires? maybe your truck was brought to a shady tire shop and they didnt bother to give you new tpms sensors. i used to work at a firestone and we were told all american cars by law must have tpms since 2007. is your truck more than 5 tons?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire-pressure_monitoring_system#America

Attached: Screenshot 2022-02-11 at 03-31-59 Tire-pressure monitoring system - Wikipedia.png (764x503, 52.53K)

>is your truck more than 5 tons?
i googled it, 11000 lbs stock. maybe thats why you get away without tpms. still, op asked about cars. and even without tpms (arguably not computers) you still need to be obd2 compliant, which requires an ECM, which is absolutely a computer

u wot

Attached: 1642580825649.png (672x324, 62.89K)

idk my source was this:
nadaguides.com/Cars/2017/GMC/Sierra-3500/Crew-Cab-Denali-4WD/Specs

>GVWR
That's not the vehicle weight, that's the max weight the vehicle can handle

oh, thanks

... so why doesnt that truck require tpms?

Frankly I didn't know TPMS was a legal requirement before this thread, however I certainly knew there was no way in hell a 1 ton pickup had a curb weight 5.5 tons.