Could I cool a PC with mercury in closed loop...

Could I cool a PC with mercury in closed loop. I want a mercury/ liquid metal cooled PC with nuclear power plant level or control systems.

Attached: download (6).jpg (216x234, 8.49K)

You're a genius.

Mercury amalgamates with a lot of metals. This includes aluminum, and I believe copper... So yeah, good luck there.

Also - pretty sure the amounts of mercury you are looking at for this would cross well into the realm of "general biohazard, and high environmental impact risk". Tell the EPA we said high.

How are you going to get the heat out of the mercury?

Just drain the hot mercury down a sewer connection and fill it up with new mercury.

t. power plant operator

Yes but that's rather stupid vs. putting the effort into cooling with a proper refrigerant. You can use all sorts of affordable parts including automotive heat exchangers and hoses, and you can build or have your local commercial HVAC shop make custom hoses.

You have choice of pressure switches for safety, receiver/dryers and lots of other (literally and figuratively) cool stuff to play with. BEVs now have electric AC compressors to play with. If you actually care about cooling you can study a bit then choose between passive and powered systems to freeze the fuck out of your CPU/GPU/onahole.

no I tried it it just solidifies and turns to gold

Just submerge it in distilled water dum dum
It's non-conductive
>t.Fish tank as pc case overclocking chad

but mercury has pretty low heat capacity

more importantly it's one of the densest liquids there is. Which means its a huge fucking bitch to pump through pipes. In addition to being horrendously expensive, having toxic vapors, dissolving aluminum, and so on.

For cooling things like PCs water is more or less an optimal coolant, compared to almost anything else you could use.

Yes, you should totally fill your computer with liquid mercury.
Line the hoses with asbestos as well to make sure it stays cool.

Attached: pipe-insulation-300x227.jpg (300x227, 13.7K)

What about gallium instead?

>exit GTAV
>CPU no longer produces enough heat to melt gallium
>lines freeze, pump is kill, pipes are kill
>spill gallium all over motherboard, shorting it to shit instantly

Mercury is retarded as a cooler.
Use NaK, an actual coolant, instead.

>keep a monero miner on at all times
ez

>material has different characteristics
>therefore no engineering solution is possible

>monero miner crashes
>CPU no longer produces enough heat to melt gallium
>etc etc

all solutions are shit
>add heaters to keep gallium molten
>CPU never runs below 40C

real men cool their computers with 3M Fluorinert
>line bursts
>house rapidly fills with toxic gas

Attached: fluorinert.png (1135x177, 26.35K)

Or your heater monitors temperature and as soon as it gets low enough for crystallisation to begin it shuts down the pump because no cooling is needed anyway. Weirdly, your cooler needs to be able to warm itself up to liquify the metal again throughout the system when cooling needs to start up.

>need to warm itself up to liquify the metal again
maybe run heated water tubes alongside the main gallium loop to melt the gallium?

>not cooling with liquid Uranium-235
you have to go back

Thank you. It is a fucking horrible idea.

>not cooling your computer with your own piss

Just put your PC on its side and place an ice cube on top of the CPU every once in a while.
T. Wetworker