Yet another Brave thread

I've seen pro and anti brave on Any Forums
Whats the verdict
Is it best on phone or pc

Attached: brave_logo_stacked.png (1139x1139, 42.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10654651
sourcegraph.com/github.com/brave/brave-core
github.com/brave/brave-browser/wiki/Deviations-from-Chromium-(features-we-disable-or-remove)#services-we-proxy-through-brave-servers
github.com/brave/brave-browser
developers.google.com/safe-browsing/v4/update-api
twitter.com/AnonBabble

proprietary malware

>another retarded browser thread
kys

Cryptocurrency discussion belongs on Stop shilling your shitcoin here.

I use Brave. I like Brave. I think Mozilla should go away for what they did to Brenden Eich.

But we don't need these low effort Brave threads. Enough. A thread died for this.

Mozilla didn't do anything to brendan eich, blame the jewish media

>Here's what I think happened in the press: Alistair Barr of the WSJ was working on a story about Mozilla being in trouble because Google would not renew its search deal for Firefox, which was due to expire later in 2014 (a highly unlikely claim, but a good link-bait thesis); and also because Mozilla had run for over a year without a new permanent CEO since Gary Kovacs left (true, and a cause for concern among many).

>Barr's story was under construction at least as early as February 2014, and it got hot and neared publication later in March as board members resigned. Those of us at high levels at Mozilla believed someone at or near board level who had recently left the company was sending rumors to Barr.

>This WSJ story broke on March 28th, and it was summarized at that end of my first week as CEO as "board members resigned a week ago", but then one more week passed, and the Prop 8 story grew bigger due to okcupid, and the "week ago" became bogusly rewritten in many online accounts and comment threads as "three board members resigned over Prop 8".

>That never happened. No board members resigned over Prop 8. Mozilla's FAQ on the whole affair says this plainly, and it's accurate on this point.
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10654651

Deprecated.

Attached: 1626386336934.png (3360x2052, 1.53M)

>not with the default settings
discarded

I hate NFT and crypto ads

/thread

And this is what I keep trying to tell Chrome users also speedometer is fairly real world too

I too hate the antichrist.

Acting like Mozilla played no part in this is stupid, they could have just told people to fuck off.
Eich has since cucked and become a trve american conservative though, he loves blacks gays and trannies now.

Brave is FOSS
sourcegraph.com/github.com/brave/brave-core

I am the antichrist

>Acting like Mozilla played no part in this is stupid, they could have just told people to fuck off.
Well, Mozilla's objective mistake was being silent/vague during the entire ordeal. They were supporting Eich internally. IMO if they more explicit in either direction it would've ended better
>Saying they will punish Eich would've got the mob off their backs (and they wouldn't actually have to do anything, liberals have the attention span of goldfish)
>Say they support Eich explicitly (Would make libshits go nuclear, result in pointless "firefox boycotts" that would also end instantly because liberals don't actually care about anything)

All browsers are gay bloat and there's nothing we can realistically do about it and that makes me angry. I use Brave with Jewgle SafeSearch disabled so it's basically ungoogled chromium without having to be recompiled everyday. Don't tell me about a binary or else you expose yourself as a poser winblows gamerfag who may as well use chrome since you're on winblows.

>I use Brave with Jewgle SafeSearch disabled so it's basically ungoogled chromium without having to be recompiled everyday.
No need to disable the feature, every Safe Browsing request (to download the list of malicious URLs) is proxied through Brave's servers
github.com/brave/brave-browser/wiki/Deviations-from-Chromium-(features-we-disable-or-remove)#services-we-proxy-through-brave-servers

>proprietary malware

Whether it's to be seen as malware or not is up to your interpretation, but it certainly isn't proprietary.

github.com/brave/brave-browser

Google (((SafeBrowsing))) is censorship, thats why i keep it off

I don't need the feature anyway and I don't know why Brave sends Jewgle anything. It seems self-defeating to give them information on what sites are malicious because it only helps Brave if chrome were to acquire a reputation for being an unsafe browser.

>I don't need the feature anyway and I don't know why Brave sends Jewgle anything
Brave doesn't send any data to Google. If the URL matches what is in the local database, a request containing a hashed version will be made to Brave's servers (your IP address is removed) for verification. That's it
developers.google.com/safe-browsing/v4/update-api