/wdg/ - Web Development General

Two laptops (again) edition.

>Free beginner resources to get started with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP
eloquentjavascript.net/Eloquent_JavaScript.pdf - A modern introduction to JS
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn - a good starting point to learn about web dev fundamentals
javascript.info/ - quite a good JS tutorial
freecodecamp.org - curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, React, Node.js, Express, and MongoDB
theodinproject.com - curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, Ruby on Rails, and SQL
fullstackopen.com/en/ - requires you to have basic web dev, db and git knowledge
flexboxfroggy.com/ and cssgridgarden.com/ - learn flex/grid in CSS
phptherightway.com/ - A decent PHP resource
phptutorial.net - PHP tutorial

>List of design resources
github.com/bradtraversy/design-resources-for-developers

>All useful documentation in one place
devdocs.io

>Need help? Create an example and post the link
jsfiddle.net - if you need help with HTML/CSS/JS
3v4l.org - if you need help with PHP/HackLang
codesandbox.io - if you need help with React/Angular/Vue

We have own website: wdg.one
Submit your project progress updates using the following format in your posts (the scraper will pick it up):
:: my-project-title ::
dev:: user
tools:: node, react, etc
link:: my.website.com
repo:: github.com/user/repo
progress:: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Previous:

Attached: best-alternate-to-web-development-course-1024x768.jpg (1024x768, 154.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4cUxeGkcC9ib4HsrXEYpQnTOTZE1x0uc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It performs pretty well but still not the best apparently

Attached: cjfyfkjhtegreshgk.png (2005x1103, 91.51K)

True. But neither Actix nor Drogon (nor even Go) has a nearly comparably rich ecosystem and integration with external tools, not even close. If i put all the variables on the balance i'd still use Java or C# instead of Drogon.

For the lack of words, what's the english name of making websites accesible via question mark options like ?n=1 urls, i.e. example.com/s?w=juice+behind+the+pole&t=4 ?

Attached: 1602331665124.jpg (800x1119, 82.32K)

query parameters

If I understood your question correctly, the term you're looking for is URL params

thanks, anons. have a very thread related pic

Attached: 1598146272792.png (2508x3501, 3.7M)

Whats rxjs

A fad used by Angular and not much else

rxjs is based and has nothing to do with angular except angular chooses to use it. async event stream processing is p nice

Never really saw the supposed big advantage of it compared to usual async code when I was forced to use Angular

so I just finished The Odin Project (highly recommend it btw) and I want to learn python frameworks like flask or django instead since I have way more experience with python and prefer it to JS/express.

what resources/courses are worth checking out? are there any that have the same level of quality as Odin/FreeCodeCamp/full stack open? I'd even be willing to pay (or torrent) for quality course content

Attached: g.jpg (1500x1875, 360K)

>But neither Actix nor Drogon (nor even Go) has a nearly comparably rich ecosystem and integration with external tools, not even close.
Can you mention a few examples?
Just because you don't have contact with C++ in the web dev world, doesn't mean the tools aren't there.

holy SHIT I hate plesk

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4cUxeGkcC9ib4HsrXEYpQnTOTZE1x0uc

How long did it take you to finish TOP?

Not trying to discourage you, but if you have already learnt some Ruby and JavaScript through the Odin project, Python isn't going to offer you anything new, other than different syntax.
Java, C# or Go would be a better complement for what you already know.

I checked phoenix and wtf i thought erlang/elixir was supposed to be concurrency god

>want to learn python frameworks like flask or django
Highly transferable skills just read the documentation as you go implementing project ideas you have

Flask for example is super minimal and should be pretty similar to what know from express

roughly 10 or 11 weeks, I was doing about 4-5 hours a day 6 days a week. keep in mind it can take way longer or shorter depending on how much time you spend on your projects. if you spend a ton of time making your homework assignments look clean and worth putting in a portfolio, it will probably take like 25% more hours, meanwhile if you rush everything and do the bare minimum for homework projects it will probably take like 20% less hours than it did for me.