Do Americans really use SMS still?

Do Americans really use SMS still?

Attached: 1644524921744.png (1822x1306, 994.84K)

yes they do

no reason not to. Apparently messengers were mass adopted in europe because they still had/have limits on texting rates or whatever, whereas that hasn't been a thing in burgerland since like 2002.

Also there's no point trying to bother with a messenger app over here because of simple network effects. Doesn't matter if I use a messenger because it only works if whoever I talk to also uses not just a messenger, but also the same exact one (because fuck interoperability, apparently). Bottom line is that it's a waste of time because 99% of everything you do will go over SMS anyway. Only exception is iToddler shit, and that's simply because iMessage is the default

it just werks

Attached: 1643114038657.png (770x978, 106.4K)

No idea, but Australians sure do. And until my contacts install Signal it's probably going to stay that way.

Eurofag here, I still use SMS to communicate with family, it just werks.

French also use SMS before any messenger. Prices are low, and text messages unlimited

still used SMS until recently.
now i have a personal whatsapp for family and a work whatsapp.
also have facebook messenger lite for school friends

>Apparently messengers were mass adopted in europe because they still had/have limits on texting rates or whatever, whereas that hasn't been a thing in burgerland since like 2002.
SMS is unlimited and free here but nobody uses it anyway, since phones also have unlimited mobile data since always. No need to gimp yourself down to just SMS when you can use a fully featured protocol via internet connection. I rather use something that gives my chats to my phone and desktop at the same time, without having to buy the whole Apple product family and vendorlock myself to that.

You have unlimited mobile data? Fuuck. 4GiB/month plan here, was 1GiB until last year.

I wish my country used sms. dumbphones don't support messaging apps

I personally have two unlimited mobile data plans since I got another one from work. I guess I should end my personal plan or something but I don't care, it's so cheap.

Attached: Screenshot_2022-02-11-00-19-33-63_79d0ff8f9752a3fc32487e6d62330a6a.jpg (1080x511, 113.97K)

>almost 4x my home downstream
I hate it here.

Looks like I did the speedtest on the slower subscription of the two. Here's the one that work provided.

Attached: Screenshot_2022-02-11-00-24-38-59_79d0ff8f9752a3fc32487e6d62330a6a.jpg (1080x483, 106.2K)

Eurofag here. Still use SMS, since fucking fragmentation. I use Signal to chat with few people, but other friends are in FB/WhatsApp/Telegram - which i refuse to use.

I'm using it right now, cope harder.

all my friends and family use discord

>the cuckold in the bottom right

sms is fine
people looking for something beyond sms are just those endlessly needy personality types looking for message read receipts

Why shouldn't we? They work and don't require any app or account other than your cell service itself. Also many Americans have data caps but unlimited texting.

Of course. What else am I gonna use? some third world shit like whatsapp or telegram?

French here, don't see any point in using anything other than sms/mms. Everyone can receive and send them and I don't need to install a dozen different apps to keep in touch with everyone.