/hpg/ Headphones general - Snapheiser/Muddheiser edition

Attached: F846A42A-F01F-4471-91D1-6B54897710DF.jpg (1763x1325, 499.27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/philips-fidelio-x2hr-review-headphone.19250/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>he owns sennheiser headphones
>eq'd to hell to solve the mudd
>broken headband "fixed" with superglue
Oh no no no made in romania bros what happened???

Attached: A0770A7E-EC3C-4784-B130-5345A75381D3.jpg (895x601, 114.61K)

>Fidelio X2HR

Attached: HD-wallpaper-donald-duck-rest-relax-armchair-cartoon-sofa.jpg (800x579, 45.36K)

why are 4edditorsr so obsessed hating on literally the best price to performance headphone brand, are these vaccine downsides?

Attached: .png (1334x879, 334.91K)

>Neumann NDH-20

Attached: D7D03520-B8D7-4F38-A1F4-F79BF54A984C.jpg (640x799, 187.48K)

Will the properly marked thread beat the one some retard set up as /hg/? Will Piccolo ever finish giving Vegeta the daily dose?
Find out on the next sphincter savaging episode of Dragonball Any Forums!

how do I stop this from happening with old headphones? 2nd pair of headphones I've lost to disintegrating earpads. Pic related are only like 4 years old.

Attached: 20220210_175932.jpg (4032x3024, 3.05M)

Can I ask for recs here?

Soft foam earpads will wear out over time. Koss sells official earpads at 6 for $5 or you can get 3rd party ones for cheaper.

My incomplete take:

Dynamic open on low-mid range:
>Sennheiser HD 560S, HD 600 and HD 650/ 6XX

Planar mid range (midway point pricing):
>HiFiMan Sundara

Dynamic mid-range (higher end):
>Focal Elex (Focal Elear with Elex or Clear pads could be equivalent)

Planar mid-range (higher end):
>Monolith M1570

Those in the higher end of the market tend to recommend Focal Clear, Focal Clear MG and the Audeze LCD-X, and sometimes STAX stuff.
Suspect Beyers have a place somewhere but have not personally demoed a set of those to be confident on recommendations.

Suspect someone has the copy and paste list from before or might find it in the archives.
Anyone is free to build the list.

Attached: Sennheiser HD 6XX.jpg (1640x1094, 88.18K)

These didn't wear out. I had them in storage and when I pulled them out they disintegrated when I touched them. This is the 2nd pair of headphones I've had that has done this. just wondering if someone has an explanation for why this happens.

I just got the MDR-1AM2. For music listening they may be the best headphones I've ever tried
My headphone journey went from Audio-Technica M30 (which broke) > Grado - Sr60e (that I sold because they were too uncomfortable with glasses ) > Sennheiser HD1 (pic) > SHP9500 (won't stay on my head/glasses poke the back of the pad) > X2HR (too tight with stock pads, dekoni pads in pic fucking rule for comfort but exaggerate the sound problems even more) > Sony WH1000XM4 (not pictured) > MDR-1AM2 (pic)

I fucking hate the HD1s. They sound both muddy and tinny at the same time because the overall curve is bass-boosted with dips in the 500-1000hz ranges and peaking in the 5k-10k ranges. Abysmal and SHIT and I cannot believe they are generally well regarded, even by fucking Zeos. Screw you man these things are trash.

The X2HR have an amazing soundstage and I still use them for gaming. However for music they simply don't work and I think this review is pretty accurate:
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/philips-fidelio-x2hr-review-headphone.19250/

The MDR-1AM2 actually live up to what people in reviews say: warm, but mid and high tones still have excellent clarity. They also say that, while bass heavy, the bass is precise and without lots of distortion. Both of these statements are true and I'm a little floored to find it out. I read that these have the same 40mm drivers as the WH1000XM4 and I actually used the sound of the 1AM2 to help set the custom sound settings on the headphones app and I'll be damned if they weren't meant to sound like that. I tried too hard to over-correct them to neutral based on professional measurements and reviews and those never worked. They still don't sound exactly like the 1AM2 and have punchier bass and less clarity in the high frequencies but it's good enough for casual mobile listening.

Attached: DSCF2421_1080p.jpg (1920x1280, 220.83K)

I used up all my space in that post lol but I'm looking for a rec to replace the X2HRs. I'm sick of the flaws this has so here are my must-haves:
>little to no distortion
>neutral/warm neutral curve
>an option for pads that are like pillows for my head
>open back with good soundstage
>~$500 range (will not go over $1000 unless I fucking have to)
BONUS: single 3.5mm removable jack on the headphone so I can use my V-Moda pro for gaming. I someday plan on getting a real Shure mic and audio interface so this is not a dealbreaker but it would be nice to put off the next audio upgrade another year or two and be able to use the Vmoda for a while longer.

Attached: 1505346404331.png (354x286, 28K)

>Have HD650s
>Used for 6+ hours a day almost every day for the last 10 years
>Drops off my desk up to a few times a day onto hardwood floor because the cable gets caught in my chair armrest
>Still not cracked
Feels good

>I had them in storage and when I pulled them out they disintegrated when I touched them.
they dryrotted precisely because you had them in storage
>Used for 6+ hours a day almost every day for the last 10 years
>Still not cracked
your body oils kept the earpads and headband conditioned, extending their life

I've replaced the pads twice

How is the Dan Clark Aeon Open X?

Will a dac/amp make any conference on my dt770 if they are 80ohms
I just plug the into my computers front audio jacket

Upgrade to the HD600?

The only defective headphones ive experienced are stax and hifiman. I try to avoid them from now on. Next thing that might break is a focal. Although it still alive after 1 year. Main point of worry is its headband which is very creaky. I thought one of its drivers was loose because heard bass rattle but turns out it was just a piece of my hair poking through the mesh.. The one stax (sr009s) and three hifiman (ananda, arya, another arya) broke within a single day to 9 month period.

No sennheiser has broke on me so far. The build material might not be as fancy but the hd6xx in particular i take out in sub zero temps, drizzly weather/high humidity, and taken falls on hard tile for the past 3 years.
I have two hd600. One of them i have been taking out in the elements for the past 3 months. I will see how long it lasts.

Oh wait i did have an iem break on me from like a 3 foot drop onto a thin layer of carpet. Left ear piece's bass below 100 hz was very very very quiet (practically non existent really). It was a thieaudio monarch.never got it repaired out of laziness and already past warranty.

cant help you with the X2HR problem but I own the 1AM2 and couldn't stand the stock pads since the inside cup kept hitting my ear.
brainwavz velour pads for MDR 7506 + stuffing a replacement foam liner for the HD600 inside each cup + blocking the long side of the bass vent ontop of each cup (but leaving the small hole exposed.. there's two bass ports, one is a small hole that's totally open and one is a long slit that's dampened with a mesh: cover that one with putty or something).
the above works to dampen the treble spikes (I find them a bit too harsh / sibilant when stock) and mellow out the bass a bit. also ain't no way its the same driver in the XM4, these sound much better even pre-mod.

Attached: based pepe tophat.jpg (334x506, 31.44K)