Which software development career path requires the least amount of thought? Front end? Mobile App Development...

Which software development career path requires the least amount of thought? Front end? Mobile App Development? I want to maximize the money I make and minimize the amount of work I have to do. Currently working my first job out of college, devops role at a large cloud company and ready to switch jobs.

Attached: 31513234431.png (225x225, 10.02K)

Webdev definitely. It's a plague infested blight town of a industry but it takes 80 IQ to make a site

do server side webdev. Front end is mindless but dealing with CSS is super annoying. Also the frontend retards constantly make trash new client side libraries you would have to learn. mobile app is kind of similar but involves knowing a bunch about mobile libraries and phone features.

>Currently working my first job out of college, devops role at a large cloud company and ready to switch jobs.
Tell me about it user, how's the pay, wlb, etc?
I'm currently in college and doing DevOps/cloud. Any Forums either hates DevOps or loves it.

Pay is exceptional, my offer out of college was 120k salary + 20k sign on bonus + ~40k/yr on rsus. This probably isnt typical for normal sized cloud companies.

WLB is shit, fucking shit. On call at my company sucks ass. Constant reorgs as well. Ive only been working here for a year but have been on 3 different teams to help build their shit out.

Also literally everyone is Indian, and Indian managers are hard asses.

Good things are pay/benefits and I get to wfh.

>literally everyone is Indian
Me too desu :p

what's your tech stack/tools and cloud platform? Also which cloud platform did you practice DevOps on, and was it paid or free?

Tech stack is go/kubernetes/java/maven and other internal tooling. I didnt really have experience in devops before this I mostly learned on the job from internal/external docs and asking my coworkers.

>Which software development career path requires the least amount of thought?
Fuck this gay earth

Writing rest endpoints is easy

120k is senior developer pay in most the country

Not him, but cost of living fucks with you so its meaningless unless he says what city he lives in.
120k in the DC area is chump change entry level as well.

I thought you're first job was DevOps

post your sites

>I want to maximize the money I make and minimize the amount of work I have to do
business management

>Indian managers are hard asses
they are such hard asses. I feel like they ask questions to deliberately trip you up to test if you are constantly doing 100% effort

You're asking the wrong question. you could end up in a mindless job that expects you to churn out shit regularly and have to deal with retards all day.

For least amount of actual work, you go into a job that isn't going to expect and measure high output. I have three remote jobs right now, one 'lead software engineer' job and two DevOps ones.

The lead job, I'm spending most of my time on code reviews and calls. I made it clear from the start that no more than 30% of my time is to be spent coding, if they expect the juniors under me to actually upskill and deliver better quality code. It means I often just make small patches when others are busy, leave comments on stash and will have the occasional '1-on-1' with someone who is struggling.

The DevOps jobs, I basically fix broken jenkins jobs, Pajeets with no clue how to code will often just commit stuff and break pipelines. Often the errors are simple to fix, but since they have no clue where to even start I can very easily get away with turning a 5 minute task into a one hour task, and yet I'm seen as a 'high performer' because the alternative is Pajeets just doing things like clearing workspaces and blindly making more changes ('I pray it works on the next time user'), if I didn't intervene, pipelines could be broken and flaky for days at a time.

Of course, it would be impossible to pull off if I wasn't remote. Often I'm fixing a pipeline or adding a comment on a PR while there is some bullshit meeting going on in the background from one of the laptops. It was tricky to context switch between three laptops at first but now I'm used to it.

durgasoft.com

>I have three remote jobs right now,
How do you juggle that? I could do the same but am scared shitless of getting eternally fucked

You'll only get 'fucked' in the sense of getting 'found out' if you're a retard.

>You seldom turn on your webcam, and when you do, make sure it's not facing windows (with will reflect the screens of other laptops/monitors).
>You accept that one of the jobs is like your official job, like your wife, and all the other jobs are like mistresses (they are acceptable to lose)
>Your official job is the one that you'll keep on your resume when you decide it's not worth it

A more likely way of getting 'fucked' is getting fired for poor performance on a job. Which is why you have to be very careful when applying for places. You actually should just decline offers if you get any sense that these people might have fallen for the 'going above and beyond' meme, where them working several extra hours a day and churning out stuff is going to make you look like a 'poor performer' if you're just doing the minimum. That's what happened to a friend of mine, you'll know when it happens, the boss will want a lot of 1-to-1 calls with you, but he just did extra hours to humor him and quietly looked for a job before he got fired.

working for any british firm