You fuckers didn't even tell me about this, it's just the same six gorillion "DAE brand good!?" threads

kde.org/announcements/plasma/5/5.24.0/
you fuckers didn't even tell me about this, it's just the same six gorillion "DAE brand good!?" threads.
usually i don't care about new plasma releases since it's just some minor fix and more wayland support, but this is the last plasma 5 version.

Attached: 1644511346535.png (250x354, 31.44K)

>kde is so bad they had to discontinue development of the current version
yikes

I want to FUCK Konqi!

>this is the last plasma 5 version.
They’re going to ruin KrashDE again?

NO

Version 5 has been around for 7 years what the fuck are you talking about, they have to upgrade any time now

>this is the last plasma 5 version
What does that mean in practice? What's so big it's going to push it to Plasma 6?

new system monitor is fucking garbage. Consumes more cpu+memoery and looks like shit I want the old one back even if it was limited at least it didn't need 10% cpu to monitor the system.

mainly the shift to qt6

konqi SEX!

:(

I just hope this means Krita will start working with GNOME on Wayland and NVIDIA sometime within the next year. Shit's annoying as hell.

I just LOVE kde!!!! That new overview feature is wonderful btw.

Attached: 1000x1000.jpg (1000x1000, 60.57K)

Konqi is HOT

Attached: konqi_ass.jpg (840x829, 233.36K)

Its a great update. They actually went through the hassle of increasing performance literally just on Nvidia cards running X. I personally thought it was already in a great place, but I'll take it.
The overview is kino, but I really wish you could use the keyboard to navigate virtual desktops.
They fixed Kwin_x11 causing long shutdown times. Adjusting the volume no longer causes a crash. Now you can pick any custom accent color you want for your theme and they updated the breeze theme. However, they took away the option to add a colored line under the window title-bar of the selected window, the bastards!
All in all, I am pretty happy with this update and looking forward to Plasma 6

>Adjusting the volume no longer causes a crash

Attached: laughing alien sluts.png (1280x1519, 768.2K)

Let's hope the go back the the roots of kde3,2 and 1 for KDE 6.

When will 5.24.0 will be shipped in Kubuntu ?

6 months to a year

KDE is ugly AF and have too many useless customization that the basic user just don't use it. And the Kbranding for any tool is too crige.

konqi is cute