How do American programmers deal with the Imperial measurement system...

How do American programmers deal with the Imperial measurement system? To me it looks like a bitch to use in any project. I guess that's why american software is so shit.

youtu.be/jjdG_tkqetk

Attached: Screenshot_20220210-173051_1.jpg (720x540, 87.55K)

once again, a European is mad because America exists. Many such cases!

its pretty straightforward.
stuff in imperial is usually some sort of superior highly composite number (e.g. base 12 or base 60)
if not these, imperial measurements are even easier than decimal to use in computers, because base 16 aka hexadecimal is just a power of two.

fpbp

So is this why all american cars have so shit electronics or is more like planned obsolescence on cars?

Different expectations. After market and diy tinkering is culturally forbidden in Europe and Asia (all VW GROUP)

Attached: 437ab5194daaccdfcb0b03bddd6615e702ef3710e901cb780c02734555837224.jpg (4016x3008, 1.26M)

A lot of people tinker with their cars a lot, the difference is that they mostly can't afford to get hacky on their cars since they're poor.
I've personally have seen the same type of cars they show on amerimutt tv shows, the only difference is that we don't have this car culture nor cities with hundreds of kilometers in between them.

>Eurpoors who can't do fraction arithmetic confused by customary units
Computers were a mistake.

> can't afford to get hacky on their cars since they're poor.
What the actual fuck is wrong with you people?

Man the Europoors must struggle SO much with time. How the fuck could ANYONE ever figure out how to use a system that scales based on 60 instead of 100?

Why is the 11/32(9mm) and 5/16(8mm) switched on the imperial strip? They're confusing enough with these fractions, why wouldn't they at least leave them in the right order? Or did someone fuck up labeling it right because even they got confused?

I used to be weirded out by customary for the longest time as a europoor. But I've come to realize it's actually based. Fuck cringe french revolution units. Anything that goes against globohomo and is traditional is good.

America’s measurement system is the definition of globohomo, and any sense of authenticity is false. Their system wasn’t standardised until after metric and is defined in terms of it, an inch being exactly 25.4mm. This comes from people selling the same products in both England and the US and not wanting to cater to each countries earlier inch values (which were also defined in terms of the metric system).

Unlike other units, time has a physical basis on Earth, and legitimately is harder to work with than a metric based time keeping system would be.
From its original derivation it is also more consistent than the imperial system:
o. 360 days in a year
o. 36 days in a month
o. 24 hours in a day
o. 60 minutes in an hour
o. 60 seconds in a minute

Below an above these boundaries time does become metric.

Pixels per inch. That is all.

You're a fag lol lmao

You should read a bit about car data bases, quite interesting and straightforward I'm surprised we haven't seen more diy car shit involving the electronics

Highly composite numbers aren’t useful for a computer to work with, and switching to different basis is inefficient and complicated.

It's not Europeans who can't do fractions, it's computers that can't do fractions.
Europeans worked with fractions a thousand years before your country even existed.

Imagine being completely blown the fuck out by unit conversion.

Attached: MaximumEffortMeme.png (1024x1005, 1.66M)