Do these still serve any purpose in 2022?

Like in any serious capacity. Hobbiysits go away. Do you use this in your main moniter?

Attached: Y1863027-01.jpg (1500x843, 79.96K)

No I use HDMI

This shit is fucking old, but the company I work for uses these because retards can't rip them out of the monitor and steal them.

New monitors only have DP/hdmi/USB-C ports these days, and it is a good thing.
Cite one advantage of DVI single link over modern connectors outside of being more solidly attached thanks to screws (DP is pretty solid too).
Unless using a CRT monitor, of course.

One of my monitors only has a port for that and for vga

useful for plugging in extra displays to laptop dock I guess

>New monitors only have DP/hdmi/USB-C ports these days
only one of my monitors is new (oldest is from like 2008 I think) so everything except my main one is DVI.

I still have monitors that use them

There are still good 16:10 monitors out there that only have dvi ports.

It's good for monitors with hardware scaling.
On my last LG monitor, I could set original aspect ratio of the signal on the monitor itself, so that (for example) BIOS would be properly displayed at 4:3 aspect.

(the feature worked only on DVI; on HDMI it's greyed out)

i recently purchased a dell monitor, it only uses dvi and vga. i've hooked it up with an adapter to hdmi to my mac mini 2018.

it gives me this error when i connect it, when i connect it to my macbook it works flawlessly. whats the fix? already tried running virtual machine windows and changing resolution

Attached: IMG_0869.jpg (4032x3024, 1M)

connect it to mac with second monitor and do what the message says. There should be separate settings for both screens.

I use it to connect my 1680x1050 NEC to PS4 pro

Attached: Screenshot_20220210_220208.png (1424x912, 648.46K)

2022?

unfortunately i connected it to my macbook pro and it worked perfectly fine. turned off disconnected etc reconnected to mac mini and same error. very strange.

it's 1443 in kafir countries.

you need to configure mac mini software, not display itself.

DVI was a mistake

brought my mac mini to a computer shop. guy hooked it up to the tv and it worked fine, i went into settings and there's just the generic view - standard 60hz locked. so i basically tried that as well, unless i missed it somehow.

>already tried running virtual machine windows and changing resolution
Changed resolution in a vm? That won't help.

Attached: index.jpg (675x456, 43.77K)

Yeah, because my monitors are old and don't have DP support. I'm using DVI-DP converter plugs.

It's ren yin where they make those cables.

yea, i mean i can hookup the computer to my tv rn and check the settings. but when i saw the refresh was locked(unhighlighted) and so was resolution kek. it was very apple

these settings change per connected device, you need to hook it up to two monitors simultaneously and use first to configure second.

>dual-link pins to HDMI