Any retard can install this in under 5 mins, easiest BSD to install

Any retard can install this in under 5 mins, easiest BSD to install.

Comes with a no bullshit env, csh by default.
Best no distraction environment to learn C programming and unix philosophy.

Whats your exuse?

Attached: fbsd.png (722x445, 34.62K)

csh sucks.

I use OpenBSD and the installer was pretty easy. I mean if youve installed Gentoo or Arch the BSDs are easy.

I have modern hardware

slackware

ahhh yes yes, I enjoy opendbsd as well got it on a 2012 MBP runs great.

I just find installing this is extremly fast with no brain power what so ever. An absolute no BS install.

I agree that installing openbsd is a breeze as well.

I'm going to look into it when I want a computer that I want to work for. For now I'm sticking with what already works, macOS.

How is release 15? I have wanted to use slackware, I respect the history im just to lazy to sort out my own package managment due to OCD.

One day I will give it a go.

fpbp

Ya if you don't know C babaay

unix is shit

i'd actually like to run X11 on my desktop
posted from openbsd 7.0

I have been straying off the beating road lately. Been getting to comfertable in Lynx pages hoping through gopher holes

>OpenBSD
>BSD but more BaSeD

Attached: 1561069203575.png (800x689, 202.69K)

BaSeD on what?

it is super based if you know you know

Fun fact, most retards spend about 0 minutes installing windows, is time to install the relevant metric here?

That's why they are retards.

> csh by default
CSH is bad. Not really great for interactive use, not really ideal for script use.

> unix philosophy
For historical reasons? Unix *was* what was popular on servers some decades ago. But it hasn't been Unix that mattered for over a decade now...

ive used it but in the end it just feels like an empty linux where i have to read through the manpages a lot because no one ask/answers questions online

I have a bunch of old laptops from growing up. Right now im self teaching myself C, Networking and server maintence and have a curiosity now in Unix systems, and set this up as a learning tool.

My main laptop is powered by arch btw

Yes thats the whole reason why I use it. The man pages are way better and do what they say no google needed.

These OS's arnt linux they are full OS's and they require strict documentation practices so the man pages are tight and consistent

fpbp

4.4bsd, you should know

Kinda nice seeing a post install idle at 7993K memory used hehe.

Takes considerably more than 5 minutes to undo the shit it's strewn all over your boot drive though, when you realise it's useless shit that you don't want around.
Solution? Don't install it in the first place.

Even the devs of FreeBSD don't run it on metal, they use Mac. Maybe you should take a hint from them.
Oh wait, you can't, because you can't afford it.

I don't have a use case for any BSD other than OPNSense

Linuxtards can't write/read man pages and spend hours googling stackoverflow. Wow.