What does a sysadmin even do?

what does a sysadmin even do?
>nb4 administrates systems

Attached: 1496388627455.png (428x474, 314.4K)

gets yelled at by other neurotics.
fucks something up. doesn't even notice until someone comes over/down there.

resets passwords, makes vendor support tickets, fixes the printer. covers most of it, next question?

Attached: 1630288239201.png (1280x960, 1.98M)

tells people to turn it off and then turn it on

computer janitor.
honestly pretty comfy there's no nolife middle managers yelling at you about productivity or deadlines as long as you say you're working on 'something' and everything in the building is currently working

Attached: easy_mode.png (882x667, 107.9K)

Server administration.
Create users
Delete users
Make sure network shit works
Answer pointless repetitive questions for the help desk cucks
Backup shit
Automate your job
Browse Any Forums all day

Attached: thumb-1920-992139.jpg (1920x1423, 278.12K)

will never understand why coworkers yell at eachother. It just sounds counterproductive. Probably just someone larping, I doubt he got yelled at for sitting at a desk all day. And somehow doimg that wrong.

Nice ESL there.
It's "administers", not "administrates".

retard lmao

Is this bait?

they are neurotic. that's all you need to know

>Make sure network shit works
what does that entail exactly? how complicated is it

No traffic is flowing out of a subnet. Users are unable to access systems, your job to fix it or get network engineer to fix it

Firewall rules, routes (multiple networks), etc.

listen to podcasts
play games
read manga and books
close some tickets from time to time

Keep the systems up to date, figure out why things failed, prevent them from failing again, a lot of scripting. You have to be more specific if you want a more detailed answer.

No, that's help desk. They only tell people that if a place is so understaffed there's no help desk staff.

>how complicated is it
Depends on the shop, what's installed, what the needs are. Some places it's trivial, but that's going to be the smallest places like an office with a dozen workers, few local services.

Your mom

they're glorified server babysitters. and they're being automated out of existence more and more with each passing year.

I'm going to "administer" my dick into your mouth