/fwt/ - Friendly Windows Thread

An edition without degenerate cartoons.

Note: This general is hijacked often, fake troll threads link to anti-windows rantings or shill random software, report and ignore them.
Use the feedback form: 4channel.org/feedback

Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions.
Tell us about tools, utilities, configs, tips & tricks that enhance your life with Windows.

Remember: Notice the friendly - please be civil when possible.

>Paste
rentry.org/fwt

>Installing Windows for retards:
rentry.org/windows_for_retards

FAQ:
>Which version should I get?
>Where can I get the ISOs?
>How do I activate?
>Can I change editions after install?
>Where do I get Office?
read the paste: rentry.org/fwt

>How do I debloat/debotnet Windows 10 or 11?
Offline (pre-install): rentry.org/mdl-optimize-guide
Online (live install): privatezilla / thisiswin11 (and dont mindlessly tick everything)
Don't mix offline & online tools with each other.

>Is Optimize-Offline worth it?
No.

>Can you get the Ryzen scheduler on LTSC 2021?
Yes.

>Can I upgrade to LTSC 2021?
Only from previous LTSC builds w/o doing the upgrade matrix hack in rentry paste.

>LTSC or LTSC IoT?
Same thing just different licensing and support.
LTSC for corporate PCs/devices with 5 years support (KMS only).
LTSC IoT for consumer devices with 10 years support (HWID only).

>Do I even need LTSC?
All versions of W10 are essentially LTSC now getting mostly security updates as development of new features has shifted focus to W11.

>I already run Windows 7, but don't want to clean install?
The non-LTSC installers can upgrade.

>Are homebrew ISOs safe (Gen2/Ameliorated)?
Not really, use only official Microsoft images.

/fwt/ spammer aka staxshill filter (4chanX): pastebin.com/F0Trfkfq

Attached: Windows_logo_-_2021.svg.png (1024x1024, 2.75K)

helo sirs fellow windoze users !!!!! :) good windoze sar #1 in India

where cunny?

Make a new one this thread sucks

bro this op sucks dick

Was hoping for a /fwt/ without pedophilia - but guess what, most replies are wondering where the pedophilia is.

Attached: ECZDKPgWA4AFFDF.jpg (950x631, 62.69K)

take the /fglt/ pill, reject pedo degenerates

There's even more there, they just hide it marginally better.

It's true, /fglt/ has really good OP images, yet /fwt/ often has degenerate cartoon OP images

NIGGA!

>page 8
Bump

i recently purchased a dell monitor, it only uses dvi and vga. i've hooked it up with an adapter to hdmi to my mac mini 2018.

it gives me this error when i connect it, when i connect it to my macbook it works flawlessly. whats the fix? already tried running virtual machine windows and changing resolution

instructions online are easy but i don't have a pc and vm doesn't seem to help. plz help

Attached: IMG_0869.jpg (4032x3024, 1M)

This is not a Windows on Mac thread. That being said, have you tried turning the monitor on and off when you encounter the error screen on the monitor?

i know and for that i apologize. i would just like help on this, i don't use reddit, searches only yield windows os resolutions, and anons on this board troll questions.

it's a fair suggestion. i'll try powering off the monitor. just odd that it works with my laptop as a secondary monitor, but won't work with my mac mini2018 as a primary monitor. gives me that error.

thanks though

>Retarded niggers making another thread an hour later when there already is one
God How much I hate trannies making fake generals. /wsg/ type bullshit

Are you running Windows on these computers? Or MacOS? (Or something else?)

mac os on mini2018 and on macbook mid2012. macbook works, mini gives error.

If the harddrive (HDD, around 7 y/o) is constantly being used >80% and I disabled all unnecessary autostart programs and run malwarebytes AND updated all drivers/system relevant updates, does it mean, that the HDD is almost dead and should be replaced? Or can a fresh OS install work wonders?

Are you running Win 10 or 11? If so, that's basically expected because MS are fucking retarded. Legit unusable on HDDs.

win10

So you're not using Windows... so maybe this question is better for or for the apple thread that sometimes gets made