/fwt/ - Friendly Windows Thread

Note: This general is hijacked often, fake troll threads link to anti-windows rantings or shill random software, report and ignore them.
Use the feedback form: 4channel.org/feedback

Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions.
Tell us about tools, utilities, configs, tips & tricks that enhance your life with Windows.

Remember: Notice the friendly - please be civil when possible.

>Paste
rentry.org/fwt

>Installing Windows for retards:
rentry.org/windows_for_retards

FAQ:
>Which version should I get?
>Where can I get the ISOs?
>How do I activate?
>Can I change editions after install?
>Where do I get Office?
read the paste: rentry.org/fwt

>How do I debloat/debotnet Windows 10 or 11?
Offline (pre-install): rentry.org/mdl-optimize-guide
Online (live install): privatezilla / thisiswin11 (and dont mindlessly tick everything)
Don't mix offline & online tools with each other.

>Is Optimize-Offline worth it?
No.

>Can you get the Ryzen scheduler on LTSC 2021?
Yes.

>Can I upgrade to LTSC 2021?
Only from previous LTSC builds w/o doing the upgrade matrix hack in rentry paste.

>LTSC or LTSC IoT?
Same thing just different licensing and support.
LTSC for corporate PCs/devices with 5 years support (KMS only).
LTSC IoT for consumer devices with 10 years support (HWID only).

>Do I even need LTSC?
All versions of W10 are essentially LTSC now getting mostly security updates as development of new features has shifted focus to W11.

>I already run Windows 7, but don't want to clean install?
The non-LTSC installers can upgrade.

>Are homebrew ISOs safe (Gen2/Ameliorated)?
Not really, use only official Microsoft images.

/fwt/ spammer aka staxshill filter (4chanX): pastebin.com/F0Trfkfq

Previous thread:

Attached: 11e9d93e277f9aceff0954c56cf817c0.jpg (2116x3858, 2.01M)

>2 /fwt/
why

cuz is good

I like this thread more because there's an anime girl in the OP

i dont use windows but i also prefer this one.

got my first real IT job. starting soon. basically helpdesk. work laptop they gave me is windows and said I have to use it. been exclusively on Linux for almost 2 years and going back to windows feels horrible. not trying to start a debate or any dumb shit but I feel like I have no choice and will be forced to use microsoft products for everything. Is linux used at all within the first 5 years of an IT career?
I learned a lot but if I'm forced to use windows for everything I don't even see a reason to keep Linux on my main desktop at this rate. genuinely confusing. any advice/experience?

yes but its not a good anime girl pic...

>Is linux used at all within the first 5 years of an IT career?
in software development yes
or for various providers and some other sysadmin-like positions, but honestly, your Any Forums sourced limux "knowledge" is most likely irrelevant for that too

Honestly the bar is set so low I'll just be content with it

Are you bringing your work at home? Why would you need to use windows on your personal computer if you are content with linux? Keep the two system separated and pick your tools based on your needs. This comes from a neet though so just wait for a better reply

the flat squid

they force windows because every computer in the company runs it. most places are like this from what I've seen and heard. it's unfortunate.
obviously the Any Forumstards knowledge of linux isn't real. installing arch or gentoo doesn't really give you much useful skills I'm aware of that.

>they force windows
Doesn't that mean your personal computer and work computer are separate? You don't have to use windows on your own stuff. Why is it a problem?

Is this the cunny thread?

Reminder to use Sophia script to debloat and directory opus to replace explorer

yes

I got an update last night and now my speakers aren't working. I'm currently downloading realtek driver(slow server). I already had realtek sound manager but it's just disappeared now.
Anyone else have a problem? It works fine on my tv speakers.
Also when I hit test it works fine. But windows music and games have no output

How does Sophia script work? All the video tutorials I find are outdated and dont explain shit

patch tuesday was this week so it can be simply a broken update

hey, w10 question, I have realtek crap instead of proper audio device
I use volume mixer to mute/adjust application volume quickly but lately when I unmute these applications after like 10-15 minutes they stop sending any sound at all, rest of the stuff works perfectly fine - only restarting such fucked application works
can someone explain to me whats going on?

Based op

do you have any "energy-saving" bullshit enabled in realtek's control panel, or any other stuff that doesn't make sense to have it enabled?
i'd also check mmsys.cpl if there are no similar bullshit options enabled that may be related to the issue (especially when it comes to "enhancement" stuff and whatnot).