We don't have enough discussion about stable distros on here. What are the differences between OpenSUSE Leap and Debian...

We don't have enough discussion about stable distros on here. What are the differences between OpenSUSE Leap and Debian? Which do you prefer and why?

Attached: index.jpg (1600x900, 72.67K)

I would rather compare OpenSUSE / SUSE Linux to CentOS and RHEL than to Debian.

Fedora is the most stable distro.

Debian has existed since time immemorial and will continue to exist long after OpenSUSE

I thought SUSE Enterprise would compare better with RHEL. OpenSUSE Leap is technically a community distro.
I think it is fair to compare to Debian, and I love to hear the comparisons. No issue with other stable distros being thrown in as well if others would like

What does it have to do with anything? Take a look at relatively young Arch for instance and how presumably cool and hip it is with the general folk these days. SUSE tu me is just a ze German take on RHEL business model.

t. Debian Stable guzzler since 2006.

Aren't they both pretty comparable in their significance?

not really, or else SUSE Linux as a paid product like RedHat would still exist.

I thought that it did?

I think one issue I have with openSUSE (both Leap and Tumbleweed) is that you have to download certain multimedia codecs from third parties while Debian has them all in their main repository. Why does Debian include them in their main repository if the codecs are patented anyways?

hmm I didnt know that, but it isnt a big deal to me. I am familiar with Fedora so I don't mind adding a repo for codecs and what not.
I consider this a non-issue personally

One is old and the other is unusablely old

Also stable distros are a meme Arch is stable don't listen to people who think otherwise

It does. It's called SLES and not popular, especially outside of Europe. Keeps making money, but certainly is not growing.
Obvious NEET is obvious

debian sid is better

I am looking for stability, so I am not interested

>Debian
Enjoy you 30-year old screensaver version.

Does Open SUSE still ban you from creating missiles and rocket ships?

sid is stable

Meh I wouldn't use arch if I had an actual job
One time I updated wine and it broke something so I couldnt use the pixel editing program I use in my hobby project (and no I can't just use a different one the project is semi-coordinated on a discord and the program is semi-modified to be able to do what we need it to do)
I spent like 2 or 3 days before arch pushed an update and if I were working for real that would be potentially thousands of dollars in the trash or at the very least a few hours of my time wasted installing and setting up a new operating system + dev environment
Now as of writing I'm still using Arch Linux but my point is if my income was on the line I would sure as shit not use Arch on my work machine

i will

>Defending distro monopoly
and here we have freetards communists showing real face. once their ideal is settled they remove competition completely and restructure whole system into corrupted autocracy. so much for freedom as in freedom