Is there anything better?

Is there anything better?
Also Microphone thread

Attached: 1576661384_IMG_129856.jpg (500x500, 51.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shure.com/en-US/performance-production/louder/faq-whats-the-difference-between-the-sm58-and-the-sm57
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rode NT1-A. The SM7B is insanely overpriced for what it is: a serviceable dynamic vocal mic. The NT1-A is better bang for the buck. You can use it on acoustic instruments as well.

>dynamic
into *BRORMORGMW* the trash *BAOEMEOBATHE* it goes

>Rode NT1-A
I was looking at that
It's called soul

All You Needâ„¢
and the copies of course

Attached: file.png (1000x1000, 243.25K)

Yes but not in the price range, especially considering sm7b aesthetic (which has been harmed by overuse in mainstream)
I just have the usb c version because I don't need xlr and even this is slightly overkill

I would have got that version too if not for already owning a Xlr interface.

this...

also get and sm57 for good measure as well

For voice? I like the Electro-Voice RE320. Maybe not for singing though, I don't know.

>not for singing
Yep, it's what Thom Yorke uses to record his vocals, which is why every Radiohead album sounds awful. They'd be a better band if he used a better microphone.

>also get and sm57 for good measure as well
Or just unscrew the dome from the SM58 since they are literally the exact same mic.

>Is there anything better?
For what?

Oktava MK-012

>since they are literally the exact same mic
Not literally. The 58 has 10hz extra in the low end (probably irrelevant from most use-cases) and a slightly different frequency response above 5k. They are nearly identical, but not literally the same. Please use literally correctly from now on.

With us having microphone threads on /g, we're almost ready to have mixing-console threads soon too.

Should be comfy.

Attached: midas-verona.jpg (259x194, 17.19K)

Eons ago I was one of the "technical leaders" at a large church and used a Mackie 32.8 twice every week. Still love that console. We replaced it with an Allen & Heath ML5000 48 channel analog console when we upgraded the sanctuary. They should have just gone digital, even back then (2006-ish). It was a huge cost for a relatively small upgrade, and we weren't even using all the channels on the Mackie. The extra busses were nice, although all we really ended up using them for was separating choir and solo vocal effects and a rarely used grouping for wind instruments.

midas poster here ...

I have seriously considered the mackie for the 8 buss because I mix dub on an old 12 track with only 2 aux and no groups.

Those extra busses make for some serious open ended possibilities on effects always used in dub mixes.

Because of the dub/reggae angle I'm somewhat indifferent to bright crystal sound so some murkiness possibly in older mackies is a real appeal to me. More grit, more character to the dub, especially mixing down from reel-to-reels.

>We replaced it with an Allen & Heath ML5000 48 channel analog console
Salivating here. Aux count on that one?

shure.com/en-US/performance-production/louder/faq-whats-the-difference-between-the-sm58-and-the-sm57
It's *literally* literally the same mic, if by "mic" you mean the cartridge/diaphragm. Simply removing the dome from the SM58 doesn't quite get you to a SM57 since the grille of the SM57 is integrated into the cart and acts as a resonator, but it's pretty fucking close. I've used de-domed SM58s alongside SM57s for drum miking in a pinch.

It was a good console, very intuitive and ergonomic, and for our purposes, the sound was clean enough.
>Aux count on that one?
IIRC, it was 16 total, but only 8 pre-fader. That was actually one of the reasons for the upgrade, because we used the pre-fader aux sends for monitor mixing on the FOH console instead of having a dedicated monitor console. With the Mackie 32.8 we could only have 4 monitor mixes, which could get limiting if there was a full band (we generally split it up with 1 for the drums, 1 for all vocals, 1 for bass and guitar, and 1 for piano and winds, which was serviceable but obviously not ideal)

bump for nice thread

> IIRC, it was 16 total, but only 8 pre-fader.
Thats alot of open-ended possibilities.

>literally the same
>different frequency response
>removing the ball cap from the 58 still doesn't give you the same frequency response as the 57
they're literally *literally* not the same