Chink shit GPD already scared of the Steam Deck

1/3 "When Valve's Steam Deck was announced in early August 2021, the official GPD news outlet in China, GPD掌机, has made a post about how Steam Deck's Arch Linux derivative SteamOS is a closed platform and why you'll still go back to Windows to play pirated games. It went viral on the Chinese internet for the stupidity but was never posted here. So here you go.
Keep in mind that this is an official post, this is GPD's official stand after hearing Valve's announcement on its competing hardware, the Steam Deck.
To be clear, I disagree with everything they said, I'm posting here for your entertainment.
The following is a word-to-word translation of their post, I am not a certified translator so the wording might not be perfect, but I did not exaggerate or misinterpret anything. You can find their original post here (archive and fairly accurate Google Translate) for reference. Grab some popcorn and let's get started.
Today we are talking about the recently hyped Steam deck! Because many players are interested in this product, however, more rational players have different views on it of course. I will analyze this product from the configuration perspective and Gabe's existing resources.
First of all, let's take a look at the detailed comparison table of WIN 3, WIN Max 2021 and Steam deck.
As you can see above, the Steam Deck is using a custom APU, the CPU part is still ZEN2 architecture, there is nothing outstanding. What is the level of Steam Deck's CPU? If we have to compare it with AMD's product, it's the AMD Ryzen 3 5300U. The 5300U is ZEN2 architecture, 4C/8T design, base frequency/routing frequency is 2.6GHz/3.8GHz respectively. Steam Deck is also ZEN2 architecture, 4C/8T design, base frequency/routing frequency is 2.4GHz/3.5GHz respectively. 5300U is obviously slightly higher than the latter. This does not take into account the full-core frequency, but we can roughly estimate between 3.0~3.2GHz. What is the level of 5300U?

Attached: A6808DC7-EADC-4837-8F5A-58778763E22D.png (648x864, 600.76K)

2/3 "It's just a little bit better than the Ryzen 4500U, so the Steam Deck's custom APU is even worse than the 5300U, it is obviously not much better, with a single-core Raid of 3.5GHz, which is lower than both the 1165G7's 4.7GHz and the 1195G7's 5.0GHz.
What is the level of Steam Deck's GPU? Both the 1165G7 and 1195G7 are Iris Xe cores with 96EU/768 stream processors and 1.6TFlops of single-precision floating-point computing power. The number of stream processors is the same as that of the previous generation Vega 8 core, and Steam's officially announced single-precision floating-point computing capability for the core is 1.6TFlops. Although RDNA 2 is a new architecture, the floating-point capability has not improved much, if it is Vega 8, the single-precision floating-point operation is about 1.2~1.4TFlops, and the RDNA 2 is only improved to 1.6TFlops. tied with the Iris Xe 96 EU.
If you rank the single-core, multi-core, and core performance, where does Steam Deck's custom APU stand? The CPU rank has already been mentioned. Considering that the RDNA 2 has far fewer stream processors than the Xe 96EU, the improvement is partly based on the speed increase from the shared DDR5 memory for graphics and partly based on the architecture update. But overall, I still believe that the RDNA 2 core is weaker than the Xe 96EU core, after all, 512 stream processors to beat 768 stream processors, unless AMD has the magic skill to defy the laws of physics. Besides, the conclusion of the Xe 96EU test is no secret, 1.6TFlops is a conservative figure, RDNA 2 is really just Gabe's own words without evidence.
Steam Deck may disappoint Gabe/Valve's fans!
From its low efficiency in rendering games and its announced 15W TDP power consumption limit, I can clearly say that the overall performance of Steam Deck is not the level of GPD WIN 3.

bumping just because i think the contrast between your schizophrenic (relatively) high iq azn brain as well as that of the author of the article and the undiscerning low iq stupidity of Any Forumstards on this board is funny

3/4 But if the Steam Deck supports Windows 10, with 15W power consumption, it may beat WIN 3 with 15W, after all, supporting LPDDR5 and quad-channel is an advantage. So we've basically come to the conclusion that the Steam Deck's custom APU is the equivalent of AMD's Ryzen 3 5300U + Iris Xe 96 EU core. Considering that the CPU part is far weaker than the 1165G7 and 1195G7. The overall performance of Steam Deck is still not as good as WIN 3 and WIN Max 2021.
What can the Steam OS do? Many people see that Steam Deck is integrated with Steam OS out-of-the-box and say that they don't need to configure anything. Steam OS is a simple version of Debian 8, a Linux distribution. If you know Steam OS well, you should know that Steam Deck is basically a download interface for the Steam platform. The entire interface is working for game downloads, and that's it. You say it's also a PC, but sorry, you can't do anything other than play games. For example, if you want to install a LibreOffice for office work, you should be able to install it in theory, after all, it is based on Linux 4.2 kernel, but no one knows how it works without a desktop, and whether it can switch to other application interfaces.
Let's list some weaknesses of Steam Deck that everyone recognizes 1. 30 cm length, large size, far from the definition of handheld. 7-inch screen Steam deck than the 8-inch screen WIN Max 2021 is a full 1/3 larger. 2. small battery capacity, only 40Wh, while the battery capacity of WIN 3 is 46Wh, WIN Max 2021's battery capacity is 57Wh. 3. does not support Thunderbolt 4, a single application scenario can only play games. 4.

4/4 There are too many uncertainties, such as whether there is corresponding driver support after installing Windows 10. Example, whether the 2230 SSD can be replaced (Steam official said not suitable for replacement), what are the compatibilities? Don't kid yourself! The only reason Gabe created this product is to make a closed system, not to let you install Windows to play pirated games!
Steam Deck has support in its platform, there are 1 billion registered users, Gabe's purpose is to create a closed system, just like the Nintendo Switch, their ultimate goal is to attract game companies to develop exclusive games for their handhelds, as long as there is a large enough user base, there definitely will be exclusive games. And with exclusive games, you can compete with the Switch. It also avoids the disadvantage of being a single download platform to compete with Epic and so on.
Therefore, although Gabe had verbally said to support Windows (I can't find the source), it makes some people think that Gabe's goal is ambitious. I think you're too naive, you do not understand the logic of capitalists. Think about it, losing money to sell Windows 10-compatible hardware for players to play pirated games, what does he want, just want to make you laugh? No capitalist will lose money to make money.
In the end, whether it's called the Steam Deck or Steam Deck XX, it's a closed system (capitalist will reveal its hideous face when there are enough users) and the hardware will prevent you from installing any third-party systems. You can only buy games from the Steam platform. Will Epic also build its own handhelds? Epic will definitely launch its own handheld sooner or later to create its own closed platform. So, the future pattern is that the game download platform still has Windows support, but the exclusives will first release on their own platform, and then release the Windows version much later. Besides, if you want to play pirated games, you still have to go back to Windows.

>Steam Deck's Arch Linux derivative SteamOS is a closed platform
Lol wtf? Dumb gooks.

Bump this shit

>chinx mad about steam deck
i already reserved one but now i want 10 of them just to piss off chinese incel manlets. we should make china japanese again.

>chinx incels scared they can't pirate games and have to pay for video games if they use steam deck
wow china's such a huge potential market and totally does not have a pervasive culture of theft
people who do business in china deserve to get their shit stolen because they are so stupid they think it can't happen to them.

Attached: npc-cool-guy.png (1200x896, 448.75K)

based chinks
fuck Any Forumsalve and fuck gaymers

chinks have such an insufferable writing style you can easily tell it's from one even after translation

>>For example, if you want to install a LibreOffice for office work, you should be able to install it in theory, after all, it is based on Linux 4.2 kernel, but no one knows how it works without a desktop, and whether it can switch to other application interfaces
>i don't know if it works! therefore it is bad!
>>No capitalist will lose money to make money
chinks are just shameless jews

>based
but based on what?

>arch
>closed system
Why are cyber koreans like this?

Attached: 1644119104229.png (480x479, 186.31K)

i for one would love to revive militaristic expansion of the japanese empire into china, then we can have super kawaii catgirl slaves exported from Shenzhen for domestic use.

>chinese
>intellectual autonomy
pick one

Thanks, user.

Attached: 1644311392171.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

>cries because she knows no one is watching the Chinese Olympics and no one will remember her after she gets executed for bombing so hard
it warms the heart

Attached: 3dprinter.png (577x474, 248.21K)

I thought gaming was banned in China. For "weakening the vigor of the youth".

>No capitalist will lose money to make money.
What universe is this guy from???
We're talking about tech here. Aside from Apple, nobody makes money.

Attached: 1644311141827.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

She gave up her US citizenship to compete for China, then fell TWICE and sent them from 3rd to 5th to, IDK what they are after the second fall.
I'd feel sorry for her if she wasn't a traitor.
But lets keep it tech.

i ain't reading that shit
them niggas lock up a nigga for using an internet cafe to play moba shit
and that's a good thing

Those were some fucking walls of text but 10/10 comedy.
Arch = closed OS
Open Office = totally won't work
Vega = just as good as RDNA2
Lower performance Xe = better than RDNA2 somehow
TDP = performance

Never have I read anything which smelled more like desperation. I would almost believe that some Chink Muslim slaves had their lives dependent upon GPD sales based on this.

But the thing is you can pirate Windows games just as easily on Linux WTF is he even talking about. And you're much less at risk of a virus fucking your PC up, as far as I know. He seriously thinks they are shipping a Debian 8 system? How dumb is this guy????

This Chink isn't going to get his nightly bowl of hot water, cabbage, and rat meat unless he spreads lies on the internet

Hey guys check out my new 1500W gaming computer, powered by Chinese Engineering™

Attached: 51ssX3VBCvL._AC_SY580_.jpg (494x498, 39.96K)