Learn to code

Should we force kids to code?

Attached: abgVK3v_460swp.png (460x334, 95.52K)

>If the computer knows I'm missing a semicolon here, why won't it add it itself?
It would rather laugh at you.

It should be added to general education requirements but that’s it.

>missing semicolon in python

I think it's better if they learn by themselves, instead of forcing them to remember everything and follow some program set to the letter. It seems that everyone is trying to get away with not being responsible for their childs education as much as they can get away with it and there are many ways to do so nowadays. The world won't miss someone who doesn't care about his or her education anyway. If you work out then what they learn makes a difference later at school in the career department

>semicolon
>python

I'm calling BS, fake and gay, also dilate.

>python
>semi colons

What?

>python
>semicolons
I'll take bullshit for $300

Either they mean regular colon or fake & gay

The computer can guess where the semicolon is supposed to go, but it might not put it where you expect.
This is called undefined behavior, and can vary wildly between compiler vendors or even different platforms using the same compiler. Standardizing how the compiler will act when it has to accept your malformed syntax is also the wrong way to go about it, DON'T WRITE AMBIGUOUS MALFORMED GARBAGE

>why doesn't the compiler/interpreter violate the language specification and silently change my program, based on a random guess of what it thinks I want
Debugging this when it goes wrong would be a nightmare, and it could never work with 100% accuracy. Targeted error messages are the best you could do for this, compiler-side

Your pic is retarded but I agree we should teach kids to code as a common-core study. Maybe then they'll understand some more about what goes on in the background of devices and learn why they need to stay the fuck off of social media apps.

nigga most kids struggle figuring out how the fuck an exponent works

my son #1 student learn python very young top CV resume go to harvard top scientist Phd

gooood sir praise for ur son !!!

And create more socially ill autists and basement dwellers? No, more likely there will be even more CS chads.

We are full

good morning sir! congratulation for your son

It would be more useful than Geometry.

Guys, why cant programming be random and quirky???

t. IKEA cuck

Why are you jeets doing this? It breaks my brain.

despite his lies why don't they error correct when it's a simple error

there were in fact systems developed to fix that kinda shit during early days of techniggardry but they were soon abandoned due to producing nonuniform and unexpected behavior

the assumption that the programmer is smart enough to type what they mean is core to designing anything deterministic