/spg/ - Smartphone General

If you're requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you'll be using. Include the features you want, budget, and size. BEFORE POSTING, narrow down your options by using the links below.

>What phone has X and Y feature?
Don't ask, use these!
gsmarena.com/search.php3
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
phonedb.net/index.php?m=device&s=query

Good Resources:
>Reviews
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
notebookcheck.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonesized.com/
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Everything rooting and custom ROM related
>Beware carrier variants with locked bootloaders
xda-developers.com/

>A curated list of open source Android applications, tutorials and resources
gitlab.com/linuxcafefederation/awesome-android/-/blob/main/README.md

>Android App compatibility list for de-googled phones
plexus.techlore.tech/

>Recommended Chinese phones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread:

Attached: Google-Pixel-6-and-Pixel-6-Pro-window-1536w-864h.jpg (1536x864, 154.65K)

We LOVE the iPhone 13 Pro

Attached: 4_to_3_Teaser_Apple_iPhone_13_Pro[1].jpg (2210x1658, 157.33K)

>provider refuses to take my ancient Note Edge as trade-in value for anything
>S22 comes out
>they are so desperate to sell it they will let me trade in my Edge for $800 off the S22 Ultra
There is absolutely NO reason why I wouldn't take up this deal right?

>my Edge for $800
>I hear samsung gives good trade-ins, but this shit is just crazy

why am i suddenly very nervous about S22, why are they giving such good trade-ins.

Attached: 1615933600937.png (460x506, 232.54K)

Reminder that iPhone 13 pro is the best phone you can buy right now

>S22 Ultra only has 8GB Ram
What the fuck!? How is this a thing? It's 2022 and this is supposed to be their flagship high end phone. How the fuck does it have such little ram?

>why am i suddenly very nervous about S22, why are they giving such good trade-ins.
they did same for S21, they just want more users, they even planned to produce more S22 than S21

128gb model has 8gb, 256gb and higher has 12gb

Oh good to hear. My provider just lists it as 8GB without changing if I switch to higher storage.

you just know the new exynos is absolute dogshit when their s22 ultra marketing video literally only shills pic related for the new chip without any other aspect mentioned

Attached: 1621239503705.png (588x424, 213.01K)

why does no other manufacturer besides oneplus have a notification slider? i feel like i cant switch because its insanely useful.
>apple
not fully functional and never switching to ios

Attached: oneplus-8-interstellar-glow-side.jpg (1600x900, 172.72K)

Samsung lost a bunch of marketshare to Apple.

You might double check on that. I've seen providers get slightly different models.

So will the Lenovo Y90 be the best "bargain" phone when it drops? Specs wise, it looks promising and given that companies like Oneplus are now charging too much for their midrange tier "flagship", seems like we are lacking a decent phone for $700.

easier just to press a do not disturb button

That fucking Sierra Blue reminds me of my old PSP
I want one because of that reason but eh

>talk to AT&T about the S22 Ultra
>turns out they ONLY have the 128 GB as an option for preordering
>even if they did have the higher spaces, for some reason AT&T's S22U are all 8GB of ram internally
>this is eventhough the one you get directly from Samsung has 12 or even 16gb of internal ram depending on the space
What is going on? Are all the providers like this? How can you only offer 128GB with 8GB internal Ram on a phone coming out in 2022?

i would seriously buy a xiaomi phone if they had more bands for US phone networks here....

> new thread
> not a Pic of the just announced s22

I'm currently with Mint cause I dont like paying huge numbers a month, I live in USA, anyone have any other suggestions or plans?

Attached: 1630588373532.jpg (1200x675, 42.11K)

Boost mobile is ever so slightly cheaper. I'm on Mint's 10GB/12 month plan and Boost has a 5GB/12 month plan for $70 cheaper that works better for me since I don't use that much data.

so they can cut their costs while charging a premium to the uninformed

What are you upgrading from?
Galaxy note 9 with burn-in and dying battery here.
Otterbox strada on the way too.

Attached: SmartSelect_20220209-231138_Dropbox.jpg (583x105, 32.27K)

lol wait what?

Attached: 1623801964931.png (733x317, 224.3K)

>3700 battery life
>8gb ram
Why is this phone such a joke? Also is Samsung going to unveil a new phone soon or something? I thought this was supposed to be a flagship, but it feels like barely a step up from a FE phone.

>Boost mobile
I don't know why, but their color scheme has always made me believe they're the phone carriers for black people

They absolutely are. Boomers will remember when they were just "Boost", they pioneered the annoying ass chirp phones that joggers would use to speak in public like their phone was a fucking walkie talkie

It is, their phone stores are always in low income areas. They use the same network as Mint though the only difference is the name and the price.

My Fold 3 has started shorting itself out completely every time I fold it opened or closed. Phone turns completely off. I understand shit happens but I'm really upset about it given how much they asked me to pay for it. It's on its way to Samsungs repair center in Texas as we speak, and I'm back on my Note 8 from like a decade ago (4 years ago)
/blog

They say the pioneers return with arrows in their backs. Thank you for your service.

thank you for beta testing, fucking retard.

If you are complaining about:
>no headphone jack
>notches
>no bezels
>no SD slot/expendable storage
But not buying Sony phones, you are part of the problem

Attached: meryl.png (400x283, 234.44K)

pls respond

best mid priced phone for photography? playing no games