Just when intel was about to KYS, Apple makes even faster CPU

macworld.com/article/612350/apple-planning-to-upgrade-every-m1-mac-in-2022.html

Apple M1 is now changed to Apple M2.
The first models will likely arrive later in this year, with the redesigned MacBook Air leading the way, followed by a new 13-inch MacBook Pro, 24-inch iMac, and entry-level Mac mini.

Apple will be releasing Macs with several different chips in 2022. The M2 will be a successor to the M1. Some unsold M1:s will find their way onto cheaper models.

27-inch iMac, could arrive at Apple's spring event, with a Mac mini coming later in the year.
There's also a new Mac Pro due in 2022 as the culmination of the Apple silicon transition. That would mean every Mac line is due for a refresh this year and nearly every model, with only the recently released 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro escaping without a refresh.

Attached: intelinside.jpg (332x382, 39.64K)

pee pee poo poo

Just a pity the silicon is held prisoner inside a disposable Mac.

Imagine thinking they'd release a new 24 inch iMac barely/not even one year after the first one, before releasing a Mac Pro, or 27 inch iMac.
M1 is a great chip but these "leaks" are just people spewing shit out and hoping something's right so they can get "credibility"

MUST CONSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM NEW MODEL!!!!!!!!
/thread

why did they add rx 6600 xt support this year if apple sillicon doesn't support amd gpus?

>applel toddler shit

I don't fucking care.

Apple will probably dominate until Meteor Lake and Zen 5. In the meantime Raptor Lake is not strong enough, while Zen 4 lacks biglittle.

This. What's the point of technology if it's inside laptops anyway? Who even cares.

>mac garbage
lol
fuck off

m1 cpus aren't actually good are they?

Like outside of the few programs that specifically designed around the chip

Does anyone else wish that Apple went with Ryzen just so that Intel would be even more salty?
Making their own silicon makes a lot more sense from a business perspective, but imagine the chimpout if they went with AMD.

>m1 cpus aren't actually good are they?
If by "good" you mean "the fastest, best CPU available" then no. But few people care about that, especially not Apple. Apple cares about high performance vs battery life, and about controlling their supply chain.

I program on my M1 MacBook Air sometimes and I find it extremely comfy and fast, runs cool and the battery life is great.

great thread friendo how do you make such top quality threads

they're really good at jsc/v8 basically the only compute bound tasks that matter anymore

spbp

Any computer would be like that in your use case. Programming is literally writing text

>Programming is literally writing text
And... you know... compiling...

So, where's the tower sized mac with PCI-E slots and expandable storage?
You know, a workstation. for working.

OOOOOOOYYYYYYYYY VEEEEEEEEEYYYYY

>I go into threads I don’t care about and write comments
Why do normies do this? If you really didn’t care, you would just hide or ignore the thread

Still being made with Intel chips, just how Apple did it with the Power Mac G5 when they switched from PowerPC to Intel.

if i wanted computer with ARM cpu, i would buy rpi4 or something similar

yeah I don't think he does know that