Literally why is anything else used?

Literally why is anything else used?

It should be just this, flac and wav. Why not?

Attached: 2560px-Opus_logo2.svg.png (2560x1451, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ss5-lmfkGkc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Amazon Music Unlimited uses Opus for lossy playback and FLAC for lossless playback.

because dsd is superior and you are a faggot :3

Attached: a8ee683701321f454c920293e5aac3c3-imagejpeg.jpg (3410x2129, 564.26K)

>dsd
what are advantages other than limited support for it?

Why so rude?

Attached: 1644406645999.jpg (605x1081, 120.8K)

>wav
oblsolete

no

having your music uncircumcised

it doesn't work well with people who have wispy 'S' sounds. makes it grating

Because my car audio player support only mp3.

boomers that still live 20 years ago
the ones that still use mp3's and flacs

As do cheapo portable USB/SD card-based players in turd world

How to connect? Is there something small that can be hooked directly to AUX?

I'd use it more if Any Forums supported it but I'm stuck with some things in vorbis still.

My home cooked game engine defaults to opus for voice chat and all audio data. It's a wonderful little format.

Wav is only intended for production where coding latency and overhead is unacceptable. Plus Wav allows floating point samples. Wavpack does too, but wavpack isn't as widely supported.

reencoding everything is a pain in the ass. i have a modest music library and even then i took me entire day to encode my music library to opus. for new encodes opus is probably the best choice but not all players can play it which is fucking retarded since the project is completely open source.

It's not only about consumers, but services that serve music.

pretty sure most streaming services use opus. not that i would know because i don't use them.

No. I think Spotify uses Vorbis and Apple Music uses AAC. Only YouTube Music uses Opus.

>Spotify uses Vorbis
wew lad

Attached: 1641048222386.png (1600x1200, 478.13K)

I agree OPUS is a work of art. Here, Chris Montgomery of xiph.org (the major contributor/spokesperson/guy who ought to be rich off of OPUS) has some stories, one of them is a good example of why a big company would not use OPUS m.youtube.com/watch?v=ss5-lmfkGkc

I forget where in the video it was but:
They found a company used some source code of theirs, and ripped off the copyright notice. They let them know, "hey, you can use it," totally free forever.
The big company then proceeded to rewrite all the code

the balls on that tattoo artist

Attached: 2022-02-09-235925_938x432_scrot.png (938x432, 121.62K)

yeah, I saw many cases when device/software supported .ogg but not .opus, what the fuck???

opus (2012) is much newer than vorbis (2000)
ogg is just a container, btw

Attached: ichigo cry.gif (1920x1080, 3.04M)