/spg/ - SmartPhone General

ancient technology

If you're requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you'll be using. Include the features you want, budget, and size. BEFORE POSTING, narrow down your options by using the links below.

>What phone has X and Y feature?
Don't ask, use these!
gsmarena.com/search.php3
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
phonedb.net/index.php?m=device&s=query

Good Resources:
>Reviews
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
notebookcheck.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonesized.com/
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Everything rooting and custom ROM related
>Beware carrier variants with locked bootloaders
xda-developers.com/

>A curated list of open source Android applications, tutorials and resources
gitlab.com/linuxcafefederation/awesome-android/-/blob/main/README.md

>Android App compatibility list for de-googled phones
plexus.techlore.tech/

>Recommended Chinese phones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread:

Attached: sd-card-slot.jpg (800x600, 64.25K)

* blocks your path *

Attached: dongle.jpg (3386x2210, 189.08K)

I'm still rocking an S6 edge + in excellent condition. I'd keep using it but unfortunately my provider is retiring their old network that I use. I guess it's time to trade it in for $400 off an S22+.

If you have a Samshit, Appleshit or chinkshit then you don't belong in these threads

For sure. If I could get an Xperia 5 at a fair price I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Hoping this year's model is at that reasonable price or the III goes down when it's shown

I can agree with the Samshit but /spg/ is just an offshoot of the chinkshit general and Appleshit is made in China

6 HOURS AND 13 MINUTES LEFT

What are some good File Managers on F-Droid?

The III uses the S888 which is a bit of a housefire apparently.
Havent used it myself but I didnt get.the impression generally that the III was much lf an improvement from II.
But maybe Im wrong.
Im eager to see the IV as well.

if you have pozdroid you dont belong in these threads

where are you getting $400 for an s6 edge?

Is there any way to convince Google Store to accept a return for the Pixel 6 with all the issues? I've only tried ones and the pajeets weren't very receptive but I didn't push the issue. With the shoddy components and the buggy as hell updates, do I have a case?

Why don't you buy Sony phones? This is a serious question.
They have everything, as in the 3.5mm jack and the SD slot, a good screen without punch hole cameras or notches. If you buy anything else you deserve to be cucked

Attached: aleksiya novikova.gif (270x480, 1.49M)

I can't afford one, is there a Sony phone that's good for $500 that I don' have to get used?

Both Verizon and Sprint/T-Mobile have that offer.

damn

if I buy an s21 ultra right now for full price would you forgive me? I'm scared stock is gonna dry up since there might not have been many to start with thanks to the chip shortage. the s22 ultra is ugly bros

At least do the Google Fi promotion and get it for $500 off

would in a heartbeat, it's not in stock

Damn that's a shame. I like the size of it and the II isn't any cheaper and I don't want to buy a used phone

Hello anons, I haven't been on the market for a phone so I need help.
My friend needs to replace her phone asap because the motherboard is failing
She's in France, has a budget of up to 300€ but would like to spend less is possible. She wants a phone that will last a long time and takes good pictures and she has 2 SIM cards (she doesn't know why). What should she buy?

they are stupidly expensive and photos don't come out as good as let's say galaxy s21u or pixel 6 pro

Attached: xperia5iii.jpg (4032x3024, 1.98M)

costs too much and a huge lack of OS and Security updates. If I'm spending $1000 I want something that is going to be supported for several years

I'm torn between galaxy s22 and xperia 5 iv