Best Linux Laptop

What is the best Linux laptop? I don't mind paying top dollar. The laptop must either come with Linux or have hardware that has no issues running Linux. Basically good Linux support.

Attached: linuck.jpg (474x266, 13.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

libreboot.org/docs/hardware/,
libreboot.org/faq.html#intel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

thinkpad

used thinkpad on ebay with 64gb of ram and a nvidia card for $0.99

macbook air

best case? thinkpad. go t480 or newer if you want new. if you are poor, go with like a 450.

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 56.31K)

what about system76 bros? thinking about their lemur pro

my laptop :)

scam they are aliexpress clevo laptops reskinned for NA sheeps

Rebranded Clevos. Just find a Clevo reseller that doesn't hike up the price pandering to the Linux crowd. You can usually select them without an OS, which you can put towards better hardware selections.

Thank you bros

I've owned a few Clevos over the years and have never had a problem with them. Mind you, I wasn't using any of their gaming offerings. Always their business models. I've never had one break. I've owned a Thinkpad X260 and currently have an X13, and both had to go back to Lenovo for warranty repairs due to hardware failures.

A Clevo won't take the same kind of punishment a Thinkpad will, but if you're not a butter fingered fuckwit who drops shit and treats their hardware with at least a modicum of resepct, they'll last.

Purism Librem 14 is good

Clevo with hardware switches.

Unironically Huawei shit.
You will only have issues with the fingerprint reader and (sometimes) audio, outside of that their stuff just werks out of the box with practically any distro you throw at it.

There's not a single laptop that doesn't just run better with Windows. Even system76 runs cooler with windows 10 and gets better battery life.

Attached: 1_W6DKkB94myOFZRFSFzDi7w.png (1536x864, 211.53K)

anything listed here libreboot.org/docs/hardware/, thinkpads are the best.
you can flash libreboot on T60's/X60's without hooking up an SPI flasher (e.g. a raspberry pi) with some cables+solder/jumper cables+SOIC clip to your BIOS chip
T60's are a gigachad choice, just make sure it has an intel GPU because ATI ones are NOT COMPATIBLE
Type numbers 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 6369, 6370, 6371 and 6372 use an Intel gpu and are compatible.
2007, 2008, 2009, 2613, 2623, 2637, 8741, 8742, 8743 and 8744 use an ATI GPU and are not compatible.
The type number should be found on the back of the thinkpad or somewhere else.
when you have libreboot running, install parabola openrc, or any other 100% free OS of your choice, such as openBSD (whenever they removed the blobs in the kernel)
>intel management engine
libreboot.org/faq.html#intel
no thanks.
>malware
>uses 50% of your CPU and RAM in idle
>"it runs better trust me bro"

Attached: wintard trolled sudo rm root rf.png (1151x867, 129.98K)

so turn the telemetry off? theres more to laptops than just the cpu and ram jackass. there's power delivery, power management that all still suck on desktop linux.

>turn off telemetry
you cant fully remove your intel management engine on chipsets made after 2008.
>power
power supply needs VCC and GND, thats it. if you add more shit to it, youre retarded.
its perfectly fine on linux. if you seethe because of the 30 minutes battery life you lose, modify your kernel and throttle it so it runs slower. itll still run faster than kikedows and eat the same amount of power. probably less.

Attached: small brain wintard.png (1528x758, 605.24K)

based

>Throttle your system so you can run a shitty OS that has half the functionality of a mainstream one

You guys are absolute fucking losers.

>you cant fully remove your intel management engine on chipsets made after 2008.
same goes for Linux, as it is OS independent.
and no power supply needs a whole host of governing chips, it sounds like you are the retard here who knows very little about what they are discussing. But you won't learn anything more than you have to being this pathetic and autistic. You will continue being stupid.

linux is technically a kernel but it's more often what people call any OS using Linux as a kernel.
Linux is not an OEM that makes laptops

>half the functionality
good joke, wintards with their "mainstream" malware cant even add kernel modules
>no package manager
>no freedom
>no order and sense behind the system
>no security
>designed to cuck you
>muh mainstream!
daily reminder that linux powers 96.3% of all servers worldwide, the rest is almost exclusively freeBSD and openBSD.
also a daily reminder that proprietary "mainstream" malware is inferior and made to be obsolete
enjoy your botnet
your shitty malware has shitty software support too
there are at least 20 programs i actively use which i couldnt use on winglows.

Attached: wintard npc.png (2000x2000, 1.13M)