If Windows 11 went open source tomorrow, would you use it?

If Windows 11 went open source tomorrow, would you use it?

If you wouldn't, why not?
Would you use or create a debloated fork of Windows?

Attached: windows_11_generic_hero_1.jpg (2392x1342, 185.6K)

>If Windows 11 went open source tomorrow, would you use it?
no
>Would you use or create a debloated fork of Windows?
more likely.
I need my unix terminal though, so some melding of the two with .exe support and macos level design would really hit the spot.

>I need my unix terminal though
WSL
>so some melding of the two with .exe support and macos level design would really hit the spot
Not really possible, it's been tried

So much damage has been done to the code it would be almost impossible to un-fuck it at this point. The only way to fix windows is to roll the code back to win7, or even win2k3, and then very selectively back port the absolute minimum of changes.

No. I want LTSC.

Attached: Untitled (5).png (1920x1080, 2.67M)

Only If it was %100 Free sotfware under the GPL
I know i'm bending the rules because Microshit would NEVER do this.

yeah
t. using windows 11 right now

no
i've gotten linux to where I don't need windows anymore
my games work, my audio shit works, my spreadsheet and doc editing works. windows is now history as far as I'm concerned. why would I downgrade?

Linux is complete shit, it can't even pick a stable graphics api.

How much fucking auditing and debloating would it take to pull Windows 7 functionality out of Windows 11?

>if presented with a better option, the wintoddler would choose the inferior one out of familiarity
typical

LTSC is better than consumer SKUs.
kys retard

I use it anyway. I also use Linux. I pay for nothing and give zerofucks. Software use is not contribootion. It means nothing.

and do you think that would continue being the case after wangblows went FOSS?

Is there a way to decompile WIndow 11?

At least W10's code is somewhat salvageable, and you can make a decent LTSC out of it. W11 is fucked beyond repair.

Nah I'd just wait for a fork.

I feel like at this point if it went open source effective immediately there would be a shit load of class action lawsuits against Microsoft for what's found in that code.

Has there any new open-source NT OS been released based on the xp leak last year?

as far as I know it can be compiled a bootable, working system.. just missing a few applications..

stop watching linux videos
most are not worth the time

If windows 7 ir maybe 10 went open source, I wouldn't use it tomorrow. I'd wait a year or two.