/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Read the sticky: >GNU/Linux questions >Windows questions >PC building? >Programming questions >Good, cheap laptops >Cheap electronics >Server questions >Buying headphones How to find/activate any version of Windows?
rentry.org/installwindows

Previous Thread:

Attached: fetchimage.jpg (700x394, 44.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microcenter.com/product/645171/powerspec-g470-gaming-pc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

im wanting to get a different tablets to the one i currently have (a galaxy tab 2 7.0)
out of an ipad air 2 and some similar galaxy tab, which would you guys recommend?

Can the iPhone 13 pro max be jailbroken yet? Any ideas on when it might be available?

need some help, I have this old square monitor, I love this guy but I want to set it up as a Samsung dex dock when I'm downstairs; but it cuts off part of my screen, at least a good 20% on each side. I checked the res sections and it only gives wide screen options, any ideas? Any help?

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 757.73K)

Anyone know what's going on at raid forums? Sites been having sql errors for the past day

i can only warn you about huawei - i bought the recent matepad and its good overall, but holy fuck that harmonyOS is pain in the ass

What's a good, compact, cheap wifi router?
I already have 850RE and it's fine, but I wanted something smaller, however I'm reading that DHCP can't be disabled on the 855RE.
I'd be using it as an access point connected to the cabled network so I don't care about the wifi repeater functionality.

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 15.28.52.png (1824x786, 355.1K)

I can get a tech book for free. Im currently learning about microcontrollers and electronics in general and consider picking up a C language book for that purpose.
Is The C Programming Language by Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie (picrel, from Any Forumswiki) a good choice or should I get a book dedicated to microcontrollers?
Im not new to programming, just never used C.

Attached: C_programming.png (484x690, 149.93K)

>asking for routers
>posting repeaters / client bridges

What's the difference really?
As I said, I'm using them as access points, I don't care about the repeater functionality. It just so happens that most access points with a small form factor tend to also be WiFi repeaters.

Typical wifi-box can handle all. It's easier to understand when you break it down.
>be a small computer
>have WiFi interface and wired ethernet interfaces for LAN and WAN
router mode:
>create a WiFi access point and bridge it to wired LAN
>network address translate (or "NAT") packages between LAN and WAN
>possibly serve DHCP and other services to LAN
access point mode:
>create a WiFi access point and bridge it to wired LAN and WAN ports
>don't serve DHCP and don't NAT
client bridge:
>connect to a parent WiFi access point and bridge it to LAN ports
repeater/extender:
>same as client bridge but also create your own access point

Attached: network address translation.png (1324x781, 253.91K)

What are Any Forums's thoughtd on this prebuilt?
microcenter.com/product/645171/powerspec-g470-gaming-pc
It has i7 alder lake, 3080 ti and 16 gigs of RAM. I am willing to swap the PSU for 850W and maybe add 16 more gigs later down the road.
With this pre-built being 200 bucks off, do you folks find this to be a good deal?

That's pretty solid user. But, go check on all that on newegg and see if you can get it cheaper.

i have an element that i look for with jquery in a userscript but it is not avalible on load so i have to wait for it
how do i set a promise to retry if it doesnt find the element
// @ run-at document-idle doesn't help either
i dont really know how promises and async works
i just want to retry after it fails to get it

Is there a good SSD testing tool like Seatools, WD DLG, etc that I can boot to and test all SSDs? Sometimes I need to test generic branded SSDs.

Is a RX 6700 XT 12 GB better than a GTX 1080 T?

I asked in /o/ and /diy/ but didn't get any answers.
Pic related is my car radio, the model part NO. is ACB10H8EE
It's very basic, and doesn't support FLAC and opus.
Any idea if there's a way to only upgrade the software?

Attached: 000001874248.jpg (800x600, 35.73K)

[Solution to yesterdays question as of now]
just in case it helps

I was wondering whether NTFS or EXT4 for my new backup drive, which I will only plug every once in a long while to make or read backups

>NTFS
it just so happens that linux kernels after 5.15 have integrated support for ntfs filesystems, as opposed to the previous reverse-engineered ntfs-3g.

so yeah I can pretty much count on linux to always be able to read and write on that without a hitch

and yea, I know, ext4 is superior. but, well, you never know... reading ext4 on a winblows machine is in diapers at best

Attached: catsies.jpg (1632x1224, 463K)

probably easier to solder some form of audio input

>backups
>NTFS
You will lose data and you will not even notice.

I'm far more likely to have access to a Linux computer then a Windows computer in a data recovery situation. At worst, I can boot into Linux from USB. And if some random steals my drives, ext4 makes it less likely they will read my files.

Why do LED light bulbs glow momentarily when they are turned off?
Why would an LED bulb not glow momentarily when it is turned off like other bulbs just like it do?

It has AUX, media player doesn't support opus or flac, when reading from USB port.
I thought maybe there was a way to upgrade it.

HDMI-DVI converter cable. What specs are important for me to look at before buying? Or just the cheapest is good enough?

Can user suggest a good notetaking/listmaking software for windows?

Something that is free and lets me make collapsible lists and saves to a normal format?