Any Forums btfo

Any Forums btfo

Attached: free software experience.jpg (1280x1244, 472.47K)

You don't need a driver for the projector.
It's just a generic video output. Which means the story is a lie. Not at all surprising if you have been on Any Forums for more than 5 minutes.

xrandr --auto
or if youre lazy
arandr

Most ports on a laptop are cheap chink generic inputs and outputs and work with generic drivers that almost 100% of the time are included even in the most minimal kernels.

That dude either lied or got filtered pretty damn hard by those cheap EPSON projectors schools have.

no this actually happens to me with linux phone i always tell i have no battery

Probably bullshit, but time for some real OC now.
I bought a ThinkPad and installed Arch for my second semester at CompSci, and on the first class I tried to connect to the Wi-Fi and couldn't, after receiving an IP it would instantly disconnect, tried for a whole hour, googling on my phone and trying whatever, felt like the stereotypical arch neckbeard with his riced out I3-gaps and several hundred keybindings for every action known to man but couldn't connect to a fucking network, later at home I found out NetworManager's default DHCP client has a problem with EDUROAM networks, switching to dhcpcd worked first try.
Thanks Arch Wiki!

Attached: lunix.jpg (936x936, 302.83K)

>arch
>custom kernel

doubt. stopped reading there.

>compiling your kernel
that's gentoo you absolute fucking retard holy shit please die. retards like you make people think arch is bad, even though it's one of the best and most popular distros ever.

>plug thinkpad into projector
>nothing happens
>one person rushes over to show how to use xrandr
>someone else says to install arandr because it's easier
Feels good having a CS program full of turbo-autists

based newfriends
there's nothing stopping you from compiling your own kernel on arch

Attached: 1641498238223.jpg (1095x588, 102.3K)

what's a arandr?

OP is a troll but I've seen this happen depending on how the VGA port behaves if it can't talk to what it's plugged into via i2c. Sometimes it'll assume nothing is there and refuse to display any video.
tl;dr use the HDMI port and tell your school to upgrade it's shit to things which don't require VGA input.

gtk xrandr frontend, i highly recommend

>minimal kernel
retard

hmm

Attached: hmmmm.png (1002x916, 813.86K)

interesting

>thinkpads and linux are bad because i made up a story that wouldn't even happen in real life since projectors work just like monitors!

My last Thinkpad had trouble with external monitors actually

arch is based on binaries. troll harder gentoonigger.

then it was defective or broken
no laptop can have problems with basic video output

Linux and/or Xorg were broken. It worked with Wayland or if I switched to the discrete GPU in the BIOS (which was too loud for regular use), but I couldn't get the external monitor to work for the integrated GPU or Optimus. The hardware supported it, though it made it difficult by routing VGA through the discrete GPU, but the software fell short in a way that related to drivers.
Don't assume that this shit is simple to support. Everything can go wrong. Laptops can have problems with basic video output.

>he doesn't have a smart projector that uses a smart mixer as routing device that also starts his smart coffee machine after finishing the presentation
God, you poor people disgust me