It isn't even out yet and it's already causing fear in Redmond and Tokyo alike

I can smell the fear.

Attached: d4e4c324c448bcc1bf43d01e170ceb832d14cc78.jpg (800x450, 60.58K)

They don't fear the Steam Deck. They fear Proton. Now anyone can make a console.

as they should

Attached: 1644272504787.jpg (1024x768, 421.78K)

Cant see this being anything more than a gimmick

1.5 hour battery life playing a game on high settings. Fucking kek this thing is the next Game Gear. 3 hour battery life watching a film. You couldn't even watch 'The Deer Hunter' before it ran out. What a piece of shit.

I thought this shit could play the games NATIVELY. Like, just download your entire Steam library of indie games but apparently all the games must be adapted to the retarded OS. What a disappointment.

Just install windows
It's just a PC

>You couldn't even watch 'The Deer Hunter' before it ran out. What a piece of shit.
What kind of place mentally do you have to be to enjoy The Deer Hunter while mobile and alone? I guess the same as pic related.

Attached: Das_boot_red_poster.jpg (1333x2000, 872.29K)

Sir, i think you meant Kyoto

Innawoods.

look at the GN chart again. It's a.) using VLC (unoptimized piece of shit) and b.) on 4k in a 800p screen.
It can stream a game stream from a computer for 6 hours. This is closer to native resolution playback on a media player you should expect from the Steam Deck.

It's not good enough to run upcoming games. Minimum requirements for Ghostwire are higher than what the Steamdeck has.

I find that if you're taking short breaks to play something you might as well grab something that's much lighter and smaller, and play the fucking gorillion games that already exist for older platforms instead of wrestling with this shit to get playable FPS on some AAA collectathon that came out 4 years ago.

what other handheld device can do that?

>Ghostwire
>game by the devs of Evil Within
wow I sure am sad to miss out on complete mediocrity

Unnasee

phone

Retard

It is native. Do you not understand how compatibility layers work?

>Now anyone can make a console.
Can anyone explain this?

Anyone can put together a decent CPU, screen, and install a Linux distro + Proton to run most games