Replacing Spotify

Hey Any Forums,
Michael here.
I've been using Spotify for the last 5 years, and most of that time I was paying for a Family account and sharing it with my closest ones. It's my only paid subscription too.
Seeing this Rogan bullshit unwrapping recently I decided it's not a good idea to pay for a service which will purge content. Don't care about Rogan in particular, but it's not a decent service in my eyes anymore.

I already selfhost and I wonder what's the best solution for on demand as well as local music. What do you use?

Attached: download.png (1024x576, 22.81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lidarr.audio/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

download mp3/flac files to your hard drive
easy as that

If you really feel that politically charged, you can just use YouTube lol

Kill yourself as soon as possible, kindly please.

Who gives a fucking shit. I've been using Spotify since 2008 and nothing's going to stop me from using it for longer. Just chill out and don't jump on the newest alt right bandwagon.

I left Spotify, recently. I don’t care about the political shit, but I unironically listen to Neil Young, Joni Mitchell and a number of other artists that aren’t on the platform.

Decided to try and rip my archive from Spotify - around 3500 tracks. Couldn’t find any scripts to do so that worked well.

So I paid for one month of Deezer premium and used a service to transfer all of my music from Spotify. I then used a script called Deemix to rip all of my music from Deezer in CD quality with all tags and album art.

Deezer had everything I wanted other than Death in June and Les Rallizes Denudes. Now using fb2k to play music on my phone and laptop. No longer paying for any streaming services.

I use Soulseek and syncthing to send the music to my phone.

For me its YT Music included with YouTube Premium

Attached: Screenshot_20220107-153430_YouTube.jpg (720x1600, 197.71K)

Neat, thanks user, I will consider Deezer.

Hi Mike

>no Death in June
why even bother..?

>Death in June

Says it all.

A lot of dumb answers in this thread. Squeezebox is the self hosted streaming server you can use, their are compatible mobile apps in the app store for your devices. I have not tried it yet. My though is I can scrape the data from a streaming service then host the data with Squeezebox but it seems like a big project.

This doesn't qualify as on demand. I'm looking to implement that functionality as well. Of course just downloading and transferring music to a phone or a player is always an option, but keeping phone (or a laptop) in sync with your main PC can get cumbersome.

Hmmm, I'm already using the latter, thanks for the idea!

Most of the DI6 discography is on archive.org for free download. Just used YouTube to MP3 for what I couldn’t find there.

To all the irritated people above, not giving any free (You)s today. It doesn't matter if you care about politics or not - the politics will come for you. But the thread isn't even about that, I was just giving a context and sharing my concerns and the reason why I don't want to support the company anymore.

Thanks, will check it out now. I thought there must be something similar to Sonarr/Radarr, but for music.

>Hmmm, I'm already using the latter, thanks for the idea!
You're welcome, my dude, it's a pretty neat setup.

Hi fren

Attached: ASMR 3.jpg (897x917, 112.63K)

>It doesn't matter if you care about politics or not - the politics will come for you

My. Fucking. Sides.

The lazy way is just to setup a SMB server (maybe FTP too) and stream from that. You can get your music by either torrenting it or cd rips.

Lidarr would be the downloader if you want to use usenet/torrents. lidarr.audio/

Attached: booba.jpg (903x1189, 111.38K)

Nothing beats Spotify in the way it knows what music I like and recommends new songs. As well as looking through my listening history/stats with Spotistats. I don't think anything can replace it for me.

Attached: 1644263035420.png (1044x1397, 636.77K)

SMB is not bad per se, but Apple's implementation is terrible so streaming to a Mac would be painful.

The way you set up SMB on Linux is also not very straightforward and even though I am running an SMB share now, I'm going to get rid of it too. Probably will replace it with Syncthing.

It's indeed confy, but songs do disappear and most of the times you either end up on youtube if you really want to listen to something, or just forget about that song.
Just tired of their bullshit.