LaTeX hate thread

I just want to be able to do ONE thing in a straightforward way. Place multiple images side-by-side in a row, make the images extend into the left and right margins a little so they can be larger, and automatically scale the images so they are equally large, and exactly the right size to fit snugly. Apparently this is such an obscure use-case that you need a dozen different magic incantations, and the fact that it is recommended to place an empty comment right after each subfigure for syntax parsing reasons just shows how broken this shit is. Will we ever have an actually nice document writing system? Is ConTeXt any better? I hear people are formatting whole documents using TikZ nowadays, anyone have experience with that?

Attached: tikzzz.png (2595x3658, 447.67K)

>Is ConTeXt any better?
No. LaTeX is to digital typesetting what POV-Ray is to 3DCG - if you want your documents to look good there's InDesign and a few other paid alternatives.

Since the topic is fairly general:
I have a large table in HTML, portrait orientation. How do I import this into LyX?

3 posts
3 posters
Seems OP abandoned thread on posting. In any case LaTeX discussions have a wider audience over in /sci/

T E X M A C S
E
X
M
A
C
S

emacs and TeX user here, why should I install another program ?

thanks for the headsup i'll give it a look
also tex.stackexchange

LaTeX can be a bit annoying but using a WYSIWYG editor is infinitely more annoying

LyX is a nice compromise. It looks like WYSIWYG at first but you quickly note a few quirks such as not permitting extra blank lines.

still here nigga

use HTML

Latex is literally sperglord incel secret club shit at this point, nobody uses it or cares except to pretend their worthless document is "super important"

Someone clearly got his assignment hammered, and it was grunted out in Wrod.
Hahahaha

I use it because it's literally almost impossible to make a Word document not look like shit

meme answer or do you actually use it ?

i can hear the seething from here lol
but honestly though it can be a pain to learn, which is why i gave myself an entire year to discover how it works, read some doc and find help on the internet
reading the examples and templates from overleaf helped a lot too, they have some useful guides

i used it to make a presentation instead of power point

use troff lol

never used it for that i simply wrote a mémoire for my studies
i made the presentation in HTML, using reveal.js
i had previously tested impress.js and although it's funny, i don't prefer it idk

but to be fair, aligning pictures in a horizontal line is also a pain in the neck to do in HTML if you're a newbie

why horizontal?

I've had to use it to submit articles and hated it every time. I have no idea what Badness 10000 means. I seethe every time my Professor writes his shit in MS word and gets back a perfectly formatted article.

blocks and alignment and CSS and shiet
it's a small detail for someone who knows HTML already but as a newbie it took me an entire hour to figure it out

Use Markdown with pandoc