Heed my words, the hardware might be fine, but the software will be an absolute shitshow on launch

Heed my words, the hardware might be fine, but the software will be an absolute shitshow on launch.

Attached: SteamDeck7167.jpg (2000x1187, 187.26K)

they should make a bluetooth keyboard accessory, maybe make it attach to the bottom such that it turns into a clamshell or something

>designed to play windows games
>doesn't have 100% compatibility with windows games
reviews both pro and user are going to destroy it
/thread

Attached: 1631293860056.gif (500x281, 1.6M)

Microdick is fucking terrified to shill this hard and this consistently.
Im buying it. It will be a nice docked desktop machine. I wont use windows again. Seethe pajeet.
As a matter of fact microcuck, after i day one preordered i installed mint just to acclimate myself to linux before i permanently made the seit h and ots been flawless. I haven't touched window in over 6 months hahahaha.

>but the software will be an absolute shitshow
And what you expect from loonix on desktop? hahaha

>the software will be an absolute shitshow on launch.

I'm already anticipating COUNTLESS threads on steam forums of dumbasses complaining about Linux and getting windows to run on it. Linux is still a platform which casual consumers want nothing to do with. It's shortcomings will simply be that these folks will shit on it all day because it won't be a portable windows gaming pc upon taking it out the box. I can't wait to see some of these fuckers threaten to sue or some dumb shit when they bitch and whine online.

>doesn't have 100% compatibility with windows games
It doesn't need have to. Support of most of games at launch will suffice.

Also, you can install windows at last.

Yeah, but most of time users will have to interact with Steam UI, not with Linux, I don't see why Linux could be a problem, besides game compatibility.

it does if it wants any review to not rip it apart

As if we dont notice the blatant shilling. Every other thread its pathetic and desperate really
>We need to gatekeep people away from linux
>The steam deck will fail...better stay on windows!
its frankly so blatantly astroturfed its insane. I mean for fucks sake could you at least ATTEMPT to come off like a normal shitposter? Clearly the though of hundreds of thousand of these being purchased (which is also hundred of thousand of user data microsoft can steal and sell) really does scare the shit out of your boss doesnt it?

screencapped for truth

Attached: 1632657171335.png (688x250, 43.52K)

Then just install Windows, even though you're wrong.

Attached: 1644189257967.jpg (637x833, 213.8K)

runs god of war, jedi fallen order and a bunch more just fine
runs Unity games just fine
don't know about Ubisoft or Activision games, certainly doesn't run Fall Guys which is a major market for handheld unironically

someone will make a Windows guide to directly boot into Big Picture on day one + a way to move the mouse, fag games like Overwatch or good games like GTA work poorly as fuck

If it does run popular games, if it does run them smoothly, it will pass. Unless reviewers decide to shill windows and pull some odd game, which will not run, then they can not rip apart. As for 100 % compatibility, that's not true and no longer true for newer versions of windows. There are games, windows games, easier to setup and run with proton on Linux than deal with all the win10 comp shit. Fallout 3 for example.

does it run arch? no? into the trash it goes

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 00.17.35.png (2444x1390, 527.99K)

true, but casual consumers tend to not know Linux. It's pretty straight forward for say folks on here, but it isn't for the average person. I'm certain there will be many threads wondering why their executable files aren't recognized or why their windows copy of whatever program isn't working on the thing. I've spent time lurking on steam forums and it's filled to the brim with retards asking retarded questions, over and over.
I'm guessing this is why the Steam Deck isn't widely advertised, even when it's shipping out in a few weeks.

agreed, within a week normies will be clamouring to install windows on it, especially when the benchmarks come out.

will it run world of warcraft?

I don't play it, but I know some blizzard games from their launcher has invasive anti-cheat software. It should theoretically work if one puts Windows on it, but I figure any launcher not-steam would require bs work-arounds, if it's possible at all on Linux.

not even windows has 100% compatibility with windows games

>install windows please...
>microsoft needs your data
No