Too dumb to pirate microsoft office

>too dumb to pirate microsoft office

Attached: 1513670622138.png (403x448, 78.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-and-office-iso-download-tool
github.com/massgravel/Microsoft-Activation-Scripts/releases
rentry.org/installwindows
gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#Piracy
freeoffice.com/en
wps.com/
gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#ForFree
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

libreoffice better

but libreoffice documents have problems being open in word

>Download:
heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-and-office-iso-download-tool
>Activate:
github.com/massgravel/Microsoft-Activation-Scripts/releases

pay the ten bucks then normie

Use onlyoffice its the same thing.

what are the problems though? im genuinely curious. every time i think about pirating microsoft office i default to installing one of the foss clones for whatever utility i need be it abiword for word or gnumeric for excel, forgetting libreoffice just to say there are other options and libreoffice is frankly bloated. they always perform my usecase and i can't imagine them being that fucked up even in a transfer so it just stops there. that said i dont have to deal with sending the files all too often im just curious what kinds of problems actually arise, is it just preemptive assumption that something would fuck up?

if you write in libreoffice and send the text file to someone opening the docx. file in word it might have certain letters be question marks

Libreoffice just had a big release a few months back that supposedly focused on microsoft format compatibility. I don't really use office software, and when I do it's usually office because of uni (I get it for free), but maybe you could check it out. Good luck, brainlet normie bro.

wow i didint get shit for free from uni

>if you write in libreoffice and send the text file to someone opening the docx. file in word it might have certain letters be question marks
Fake news

to my understanding docx is the latest format right? i think in the fossworld its a safe assumption to assume we are behind. surely microsoft office itself supports older formats that likely have better compatibility, like normal .doc or whatever. id try that before bothering to learn how to pirate microsoft office

This is literally a microsoft issue. ooxml (the file format libreoffice uses) has a well defined specification. Microsoft deliberately doesn't follow it well, forcing the devs of FOSS office suites to reverse-engineer their proprietary formats, which understandably isn't perfect.

read this lad
rentry.org/installwindows

You have to admit that MS sure knows how to troll everybody.
>Microsoft in 2006 comes up with an open document standard that gets successfully adopted
>Publish 7000 pages of documentation on how this standard works
>Claims they are unable to fully adopt this standard by the time the next Office suite version comes out, so they come out with a "Transitional" OOXML (non-standard) that is the default for Office 2007, promising to comply with the "Strict" OOXML format (the actual adopted format) in the future
>Office 2019 is released
>It still saves to transitional OOXML by default, strict is almost at the bottom of the list in the save dialog
>Even then, Strict is still not 100% compatible with most programs because of the 7000 pages of documentation that make it impossible to fully implement.
Fucking genius

Microsoft supports ooxml, .docx files are just zip archives containing a set of stylesheets and xml files.
>reverse-engineer their proprietary formats, which understandably isn't perfect.
Their format isn't proprietary, their software is just written by a bunch of pajeet monkies who don't even follow their own standards.

> pirate
Publishers often refer to copying they don't approve of as “piracy.” In this way, they imply that it is ethically equivalent to attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people on them. Based on such propaganda, they have procured laws in most of the world to forbid copying in most (or sometimes all) circumstances. (They are still pressuring to make these prohibitions more complete.)

If you don't believe that copying not approved by the publisher is just like kidnapping and murder, you might prefer not to use the word “piracy” to describe it. Neutral terms such as “unauthorized copying” (or “prohibited copying” for the situation where it is illegal) are available for use instead. Some of us might even prefer to use a positive term such as “sharing information with your neighbor.”

A US judge, presiding over a trial for copyright infringement, recognized that “piracy” and “theft” are smear words.

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#Piracy

You misspelled worse.

Install SoftMaker FreeOffice.
freeoffice.com/en

WPS Office, user. It's free: wps.com/

> free
WPS Office isn't free.

If you want to say that a program is free software, please don't say that it is available “for free.” That term specifically means “for zero price.” Free software is a matter of freedom, not price.

Free software copies are often available for free—for example, by downloading via FTP. But free software copies are also available for a price on CD-ROMs; meanwhile, proprietary software copies are occasionally available for free in promotions, and some proprietary packages are normally available at no charge to certain users.

To avoid confusion, you can say that the program is available “as free software.”

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#ForFree

>if I redefine the word free, then in my newspeak it isn't free
"For zero price" is exactly what "free" means, dumbass.

>don't say this, say that
No.

Why are leftists always trying to control our language?

Because if you control the language, you control the discourse. It's a way to have political power over you.

The word "free" (adjective) should have only one meaning — related to freedom. Baka american.

That sounds like a font issue, not a format issue.

That's not how language works. "Free" is used to mean "zero price" far more than it meaning freedom. You're better off using libre or liberty when referring to software to get your meaning across.

> land of the free