/dpt/ — Daily Programming Thread

What are you working on, Any Forums?

Previous thread:

Attached: beautiful.jpg (958x720, 40.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/friendlyanon/cmake-init
tbaggery.com/2008/04/19/a-note-about-git-commit-messages.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminding anons to use github.com/friendlyanon/cmake-init when creating new C++ and C projects!

You guys DO make sure your commit messages are no more than 72 characters per line, with the first line being 50 characters or fewer, and with two line breaks after the first line.. right?

Attached: 1468102757979.jpg (736x991, 178.02K)

>are no more than 72 characters per line
>fix'd a bug
>layout adjustment
>solved an issue
>renamed file
etc

I treat the first line as the heading, so do leave a blank line, but I don't follow the character "limits" per line.

>commit messages are no more than 72 characters per line

what?

>commit messages
its not my job to explain my commits

Smalltalk

tbaggery.com/2008/04/19/a-note-about-git-commit-messages.html
based

hmm i have an extremely basic question that has assuredly been asked before and can easily be googled

do i

1. google it
2. go into a discord server and vaguely ask "can someone help me"

honestly do any of these Help-Vampires actually make it into the industry or what

my editor ensures that for me.
>git commit -v

>What are you working on, Any Forums?
was trying to implement a linked list with array as it's backing, so indexes would be used as "pointers."
just dawned on me that i'll basically have to write a custom pool based allocator which also does compaction.
i mean.. it shouldn't be hard since ive written a couple custom allocators before, but was expecting this to be much simpler.

any recommendations on what data structure to use? im thinking of having an array which 25% of the pool size to keep track of the fragmented free pools. if the free array becomes full, then i do compaction. sounds good?

>google
>discord
take the 3rd option.

aol chatrooms

>git commit -m "changes"

I think the social component and the reassurance that they're doing something the right way is a huge part of it. Didn't you work in labs after class in college and work with people on solving problems? Discord is community-oriented in that way where anonymous posting isn't, you can always just stay off discord.

Absolutely. Remember that they should be worded in the imperative as well.
Bad:
>integrates dilators via dil8 api
Good:
>integrate dilators via dil8 api

Attached: aliums.jpg (1024x1169, 152.81K)

git commit -m "."

Post a question on SO and watch how fast it’s marked as a duplicate then follow the link

git commit murder

Learn D.

why

no, 3rd option is to kys

its dead bro