How come everyone hates GNOME and does nothing about it? Isn't open-source software about the community...

How come everyone hates GNOME and does nothing about it? Isn't open-source software about the community? It looks no better than proprietary software when everyone complains about it, yet remains powerless to the group creating it.

Attached: 41foqWnIQWL._AC_SX450_.jpg (450x387, 16.84K)

what do you want me to kill the gnome or what

MATE and Mint/Cinnamon hated Gnome and forked it to do their things

Vocal minority.
GNOME is years ahead from any other DE. People on Any Forums shill KDE but it's either trolls or people who like to suffer, that shit is more unstable than Windows ME.
Gnome isn't perfect and they fucked it up with Gnome3 but it's the best you get for Linux.

both are shit
it looks terribly ugly though

better than GNOME

GNOME project has tons of people doing stuff. Most people memeing here about guhnoome don’t have an interest in contributing to it so their opinion is irrelevant.

I like gnome and there's nothing you can do about it faggot

Any Forums isn't everyone

>How come everyone hates GNOME
people who hate GNOME are mostly ricers and/or unemployed kids. Tell me, which one of them are you?

this lol, GNOME is actually great

>Isn't open-source software about the community?
no, look at its governing structure and tech leads.
IBM controls it.

windows user

I wouldn't call GNOME _great_, it's just better than the alternative. GNOME3 is pretty limiting, I understand why they did that but IMO it's too limiting.

Windows is years ahead Linux as a Desktop experience, and is probably the case of OSX (haven't used it much)... but I do most stuff from the Terminal so I just need something that won't be crashing every hour like KDE does. I tried XFCE, LXDE and some tiling WM that gets shilled here from time to time but the experience isn't great. Gnome just does the job better than anything else I tried and I have other shit to do rather then trying and tinkering with different desktop environments.

Attached: azur-lane-laffey.gif (640x360, 1.27M)

Exactly. And so I just don't see the point. Linux feels proprietary. I know it's not, but at this point every major program, desktop environment, graphics toolkit, etc. is all made by big groups, funded by companies or outright made by companies. People are powerless to have any influence in the design or features of anything, even if the majority desire it, because they're worthless compared to said companies

yes, I am using Windows, how could you tell?

Attached: 1618281007947.png (1920x1080, 1.32M)

It's too complex to be managed by single individuals and it serves the interests of too many corporations that it can get funding. Funding = more time for developers to focus on the project and make it better. If you're good you can just join these companies and start contributing while making money.

If the majority wants it, they can just fork the products.

Doesn't this mean that as the market share for Linux grows/use cases for it increase, it gets more and more corporate/proprietary-lite?
Eventually it could get to the point where everything is spywared up

Unlike Microshit, you can easily do away with spyware/bloatware.

Fork it

>does nothing about it
yea, if you ignore all the competing DEs, sure

I use GNOME and AwesomeWM both are great, people are dumbasses

>about the community
It is.
A community of incompetent losers.