You don't have noisy spinning rust in your computer, right?

You don't have noisy spinning rust in your computer, right?
It's 2022, you should only be using SSDs now.

Attached: hdd head crash.jpg (2048x1536, 265.64K)

Suck my micro penis faggot

I have this champ that's been running since 2011, but I don't spin him up much these days except for storing large but unimportant shit like game installs that I don't want to have to redownload when I feel like playing it again

Attached: DiskInfo64_MipQvIP3Xe.png (674x692, 62.43K)

kys i'll never switch to SSD's. My eco-friendly HDD's perform fantastically. I don't need to boot up 2 seconds faster, everything is already fast, smooth and perfect.

>everything is already fast, smooth and perfect.
No its not

>eco-friendly
HDDs use more power, you're killing the planet.

>run everything on SSD
>run a total backup of SSD to HDD every week
>if SSD breaks, just switch to HDD and buy new SSD
Why shouldn't I do this?

>uses more power
>SSD's get hotter than HDD's
y-your point?

The really sad reality is there's a significant portion of SSDs (mostly dramless sata chinkshit) that are actually SLOWER than a HDD especially one that's been short stroked. The NAND controllers on said SSDs are outrageously dogshit with single core CPUs that get utterly curb stomped by wifi routers from a decade ago.

Attached: dmG1O.png (1024x671, 185.78K)

guys,
ferrofluid storage o.o

Attached: orig.jpg (1600x901, 75.47K)

When they make it cheaper I will buy ssd, I need big capacity

I have my NAS using 4 hard drives.

based

>short stroked HDD
this guy again

i have over 20TB of content, you're not going to convince me to buy SSDs for all of that anytime soon.

You'd know more about my computer than me huh
Mine uses very little power

I have a 1TB HDD left in my desktop. It works fine for what it's used, though I've considered replacing it a few times already but I don't really have any real reason to do so. I have plenty of SSD space available already.

Not all SSDs are created equal, people should be made aware of that. There's a reason that gas station SSD was only $10.

I have 44TB across four drives. That would cost a fortune in SSDs.

If you’d like to find my SSD upgrade, though, feel free to send me PenisCoin over the Suck My Dick Network™.

That’s fucking weak sauce. I have a raid of 4 Ultrastars that have been running essentially not stop since 2011.

SSDs only get hot when in sustained use.
HDDs are warm when idle and can get pretty toasty when used.
SSDs use mWs of power when idle, and few W when actively used.
HDDs still spin when idle using a few watts - that's orders of magnitude less efficient.
Unless you spin down the HDD which takes time, and spinning back up takes even longer. This, along with head parking is quite detrimental to longevity.

ssd for OS use is smart
ssd for data hoarding isnt (right now $$$)

I do, because I need to build a NAS.

It uses maybe 10% power under load for about 40x the performance. And it uses basically nothing at idle.