Web browsing Safari on macOS

Web browsing Safari on macOS
> 10% cpu to watch 720p stream
> general browsing ~3%

Web browsing chromium on arch
> 80% of 8 cores used to watch same 720p stream
> general browsing 35%

Fine if you use a desktop or need to repurpose an ancient lower ram machine or it's winter and you need to heat up your room, but on my macbook the increased consumption is crazy.

Attached: 1633363099992.jpg (640x480, 68.67K)

Hardware acceleration in Chromium on linux is broken. Use Firefox and enable VAAPI and there will be normal usage

>linux is broken
abridged post

up until Monterey, Safari was the perfect web browser, secure and very straightforward.. sadly they starded bloating it up with new UI and useless shit like tabs grouping

Chromium devs don't give a flying fuck about Linux. Tbf neither does Firefox, but at least they allow Red Hat to contribute.

works on my machine

Attached: 1644014868.png (1920x1080, 1.58M)

Dad wasn't really around much, huh?

this is a man

Attached: figure256786.jpg (699x364, 34.59K)

what did he mean by this

Is Luke your internet-dad?

projecting
ya dummy

Woah that girl codes?

She has a penis.

Probably on your end. I'm running both Firefox and UChromium on Arch and my cores stay at 10%. Make sure to properly enable HW acceleration in about:config and chrome://flags and Stream usually require DRM / Google Widevine to play properly...can't help you with that, it's a cancer that I don't delve into

Hi Luke

>She

use modern equip poor fag.

As a webdev fuck safari and fuck apple for not making safari available on other platforms.

I have to check everything on a vm and nothing that works on other browsers ever works on safari, it's like taking care of a retarded child.

Yeah, and because safari throttles its own CPU usage it's laggy as fuck when scrolling

Easy to have lower resource usage when the user experience is deliberately trash. Why do you think 99% of normies think of chrome as the 'fast' browser

You forget to mention that Safari stutter when scrolling and chrome doesn't. Safari uses 10% CPU because that's it's hard cap before it throttles, so apple can claim it's a 'low battery usage' browser. I'll take not having my eyes bleed 11 times out of 10