Ventoy

Is Ventoy trustworthy, or is it some CCP shit?

The main dev is Chinese which makes me hold it in suspicion.

>But it's open source!
Okay, but how many people have been through all 770,000 lines that exist in the repo?

Attached: ventoy.png (1928x666, 248.21K)

Why don't you audit then faggot?

Why don't you not get butthurt, faggot?

Write your own shit then faggot that does the same thing.

Why don't you not get butthurt, butthurt faggot?

Shove it up your ass.

any tranny code though?

ventoy is only useful for distro hoppers
you only need one flash drive with one live system

Lmao you literally came into this thread just to get butthurt as fuck, you pathetic twat.

Go shove your butthurt up your arse you pathetic cunt.

It's pretty damn good. I use it to try out distros on bare metal instead of inside a VM.

But it's quite cool to be able to try out a bunch of distros before you decide what to install. Normally you have to flash a drive over and over and over again. But with Ventoy you just save a bunch of ISOs and then you can boot from any of them.

But I'm just wondering if it's trustworthy. It probably is. But anything Chinese is potentially suspect. The CCP is judge and jury in China and they can basically get anyone, working on any project, to change their project to serve CCP goals.

>giving ccp spyware rootkit access to your machine
You're already done for user. Never trade security for convenience.

Well that's what I'm wondering, whether it's trustworthy or not.

Of course it's not. Why did you even have to ask? Do you just trust everything implicitly until proven otherwise because it happened to be on github?

Ventoy seems to not only be on GitHub but also have a degree of popularity, so hopefully it's trustworthy. But who knows really.

Are you not trusting it because of the Chinese dev? That's why I'm doubting it, but I haven't made up my mind yet.

How the fuck do you expect people to know the answer of this question when yourself admit barely anyone is going though and doing a code audit.
you know where that information would be? Not fucking here, retard. dont like it? don't use it. simple.
plenty of other multiboot software out there.

Tried it, went back to isostick. I know developer is not cheered here, but this thing fucking works, like always.

had to import from usa, pay import tax, twice, cause it got stolen at work one day, but my employer covered last buy.

tldr; buy an isostick

schizo thread
t. privacy nigger

>yourself admit barely anyone is going though and doing a code audit
Maybe someone has, fucking retard.

>isostick
Looks cool although it is $100

Entirely possible. Still more trustworthy than closed source software.

>Looks cool although it is $100

Worth every penny, or dime, depending on where you're from

It has a menu system, but I never used it. You put the name of the iso to boot in a txt file on the stick, and it boots it. Never failed on me

Nice to have > it has a hardware read only switch. Really cool if you want to mess with an infected system, boot kaspersky rescue disk or something

Hm, maybe.

That is a lot of money though... would be cheaper for me to buy a bunch of USB sticks and just keep flashing them with new images. The reason I don't keep flashing my existing flash drives is not due to time, it's just because I don't want to wear them out, because I'm cheap.

But yeah, if I just bought like $20 of USB drives then I could flash them many times, and it would be cheaper than a $100 device.

I dunno. But thank you for pointing it out, it looks interesting.