Python Qt YouTube Player

In a previous thread I had shared progress of a project I'm working on. Here is what I have so far. Thank you to all the anons for the encouragement so far.
gitlab.com/asdasd_adsasda/qtube

- No YouTube account needed
- No YouTube API key needed
- Playlists, stored locally
- Restores track progress
- Search
- Sorting
- Thumbnails

First seen on Any Forums.

Still work left to be done, such as setting up proper requirements and more testing on other platforms.

Attached: screenshot.png (2050x1302, 604.52K)

Nice job user :)

When you're done, I'll make the logo.

Thank you.

Would be nice. My artistic skills are even worse than my programming skills.

Some stats: written over the last 3 days, with some input from Any Forums, about 800 lines of code.Forgot to mention it supports global media keys (with pynput package).

Attached: code.png (2188x2116, 526.1K)

thanks. but i have a spotify sub

Whoa this looks pretty neat. Will this be ported to linux?

so why this over mpv+yt-dlp

it runs on python and qt
if it doesnt run on windows or linux then its the user's fault

It's python user...

Nice, presumably you're using the same API that the YouTube website uses? I made something a while ago that uses that API, because the official API is fucking stupid because you can only do 100 searches a day or something like that, if I remember correctly.

But of course they could change their site's API at any time, I guess that's the downside.

that's very nice user, but why not yt-dlp?

well if you want to use mpv you have to copy the link from youtube

this project is a mess. why are you putting everything into a class, and into their own files?

why YouTube dl? YouTube throttles it it's so slow use YouTube dlp

I like the idea please keep working on this just needs more work
I might even pay 99 cents if it gets good

someone link the previous thread

maybe embed mpv so you have a player as well looks good so far. I like the clean interface.

>Qt
based

Bump

>qt
>ui looks good
how

i guess it's just for music, huh?

Attached: 2022-02-05-221631_914x525_scrot.png (914x525, 135.84K)

Based retard. Good job faggot. Will download after I'm done doing my Saturday cattleshit

>QT on macOS
Just use AppKit, rtard

it's got that new project jank, but it does work, so hey, can't complain too much
i replaced youtube-dl references with yt-dlp btw
i don't really have a use for this, since i just download music instead of streaming them

Attached: 2022-02-05-222223_983x546_scrot.png (983x546, 154.31K)

>recommending non-free alternatives
retard

i like how i can spin this up in linux without changing anything, despite it clearly not being tested outside of macos (makefile references /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.10/bin/pyinstaller, which obviously is an exclusively macos path)

what's the new youtube-dl called? i think youtube-dl got deprecated and forked, i forgot what the maintained fork is called, anyone know?

yt-dlp