Where are my 10GHz CPUs?

Where are my 10GHz CPUs?

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (976x850, 57.91K)

That's above the physical limit. To operate at such frequencies you have to shrink it to the point of being useless.

just wait for pentium 5

nice frogge

you can't do that, praise SCIENCE

overclock. you just need some cooling setup that can bring it close to 0K.

why higher freq. requires smaller cpu? is it about the time it takes for electricity to move through the circuit?

No it has to do with resistance. Besides cock speed doesn't matter when instructions per clock cycle keeps increasing.

IPC × Clock = Flops

Attached: 1637771364060.gif (500x214, 755.36K)

they existed for a small time in testing and in Intel's lab but they did not provide any more performance than say a 4.7ghz cpu. They found that after 5ghz the return was negligible. AMD did similar testing up to 8ghz and found very similar results. They produced a LOT of heat requiring delta fans running @ 20k rpms. Even within stable testing at 7.4ghz they noticed no performance gains over 5.0ghz. The benchmarks showed very small gains in terms of 0.002 second increases and it only got smaller the higher they went up. So why shoot for something that is going to produce no results, that require lots of cooling, when they can get better gains from multiple cores, better instruction sets etc? More transistors etc. The speed at which the transistors per square mm could operate was a limiting factor.

Truth is, if you want to increase cpu processing power, it's more effective to increase the number of cores than to increase the speed

not really
The memory speed of a 3080 ti is 19 GHz

We got pretty close in 2006 but that was the peak

Attached: 69C09ABA-6E74-4731-9949-F730BF841534.png (415x411, 110.04K)

they also found that the higher they went the longer the bus had to be. You can be moving at 100MPH on a 200 mile highway or you can run at a cool 50mph on a 90 mile highway and get better times. Biglittle does this to great effect running smaller busses at slower clock speeds and bigger loads along longer buses. Faster clock speed != always better.

yeah 19ghz with a unidirectional bipolar bit, that is nowhere near as impressive as a cisc hexabit bidirectional transistor core block. Get real.

There's a store in Indonesia that sells something similar. It's located in a mega mall. You'll have to go there in person and inquire about it. Then one of the gentleman will take you to the back of the store and sell you one. They're laptops. However, I think they're 15GHz though.

Higher clocks is a limitation of silicon. Graphene or something else is what youre after.
But alternative substances are harder to work with

The native that clock speeds max out at like 5.5 and become unusable after that is pushed by big x86 because they don't want to admit their arch is shit
RISC probably doesn't have this problem

kek

Are we just expected to trust Intel and AMD? The same companies that put backdoors in our CPUs? I don't. They are holding back performance on purpose. There is no longer an arms race going on between them. They are running a silicon mafia.

They expect us to believe they can't produce in high quantities when they source material is sand. Thing about that. They don't want normalfags having access to the fun toys. The brief period between the 1980s and 2000s where we got powerful hardware on the consumer market is never coming back. From now on they're just going to churn out cell phone-like devices for the plebs. They don't want you having the ability to compute and make software. They want you to use the webapp and store everything on their servers. We're going back to the mainframe days.

The lack of source material isn’t the issue, it’s a lack of people turning sand into silicon boules, boules into wafers, and wafers into dies.
The entire supply and manufacturing chain is short staffed, most of the worlds weird little background industries are.

I don’t think anyone in the entire US automotive industry has worked a regular day in probably the past year and a half.
I speak as someone in the industrial supply chain for Chrysler, we never know what’s going to show up anymore, plants are up and down, suppliers keep shutting down and coming back online a week later, everyone has half the employees they used to, and there’s never enough time or people for even the inconsistent work that there still is.

I imagine the silicon industry is the same right now, tech will keep progressing, new products will be launched, but the whole chain behind the end consumer purchase is barely holding together.

It is weird
i ordered a new laptop today with an i7
then i realized i bought an i5 like 7 years ago and i couldve ordered an i5 again... literally no change
at least make the numbers go up like my phones

That wasn't a joke. I met a guy from Indonesia who told me about it. However, he might've been under mind control.

This and capacity and inductance and crosstalk and other stuff

>19 GHz
Gbps, moron, not hertz.

Isn't the silicon industry the first one to get fully 100% automatized/robots?

Until the entire transportation and supply chains get something like AI controlled tesla trucks then this will always be a thing, and nothing will replace humans on roads for hundreds of years