Professional company

>Professional company
>Uses Discord for team chat

Attached: Jmhhc2g9YWYxYzVhZjBhOWJjMDVjMmYzN2UzNWU0NzQ4MzViNGI=.thumb.jpg (1200x630, 115.62K)

microsoft teams

Fuck teams I'd rather go back to Skype
Slack mattermost or matrix are the only valid options
Jitsi matrix or WebEx for meetings

WhatsApp too, fucking hate it

uwu is there a channel for ERP?

Discord is unironically the most stable and feature-rich application of its type. Teams is absolute fucking garbage.

Selfhosted Rocket.Chat

This was Microsoft Path on business communication applications:
Exchange Communicator -> Lync -> Skype for Business -> Microsoft Teams

Their legacy come at least from Windows 95, probably from Windows 3.11 and they NEVER created a communication program that was good, they had about two decades.
Teams seemed like the first genuine attempt at designing a good enterprise communication program and they failed bad. I use teams on Linux and I can't even reply to specific messages, or quote. It works on mobile, it works on Windows.
The web version is only supported on Chrome and Edge, not Firefox. Their desktop program is just an overlay of their web interface.
It's SLOW, it consumes a lot of RAM, calls shut down at random, the UI is not responsive.

How come Microsoft failed this bad at doing a simple communication program? How do their developers / architects / whatever think this is an acceptable product? Why isn't there more investment from one of the richest companies of the world? I'd feel ashamed if I worked on the Teams product and be pissing every manager off until they made the necessary changes to make that product acceptable and would quit if nothing changed.
Just imagined what it would feel like telling people that you work on Teams. Your friends, neighbors, family... and then what would I tell people when they asked me what I did on Microsoft on the interviews?

Attached: iruru.jpg (1000x523, 273.19K)

I think I would prefer it over what my company correctly uses (slack). Obviously a libre solution would be preferable but there's currently no strong competitors in the market.

Webex is fucking shit.

>Professional OP
>Uses faggy off by one post number

Attached: my ass itches.jpg (480x646, 22.39K)

teams is great when it's internal company shit, but as soon as you need to have a meeting with another company it's total horseshit- for some reason, it always freezes up, Mic doesn't work for someone, video doesn't work, permissions aren't enabled for screenshare and you have to literally close Microsoft teams to get permission to use it- Just a PITA. They all sound like minor problems, but when it's an important client, that shit matters.
Slack was great for my last team, but at this current job the one making decisions on communication doesn't know how to sort a column in excel, so you can imagine how anti-technology he is (we all communicate through a single office gmail chat. He curses zoom every afternoon because he logs into the wrong acct (why does he have 2?) and tries to host the meeting. He has never needed nor uses the other one for anything and it has no permissions, but it autologs into that acct. I've tried to gently get him to let me switch his acct to the other one, but he refuses).
I've pushed for at LEAST slack, but nothing. And my team members are all also older than me (>40) and also resistant to technology.
Agony.

and discord is the best one

It sure is shit, but having used both I'd still prefer it over teams

they don't have to innovate or provide a quality product. they can just invest money in lobbying to get Teams certified for security clearance use and suddenly they're set for life as contract money keeps rolling in.

>talking with a charity interested in working together because they're related to my research
>"we'll send you a discord invite"

Attached: 1Hheq.gif (211x158, 1.95M)

I will judge a company less for using discord than “pro software” like MS teams. Who uses software based on its reputation?

MSN messenger was good every other communication product they have ever come out with was trash.

What’s so bad about WhatsApp other than getting zucced and the lack of meaningful encryption?

>What’s so bad about WhatsApp
Have to use your own number and no easy account switching.

>"we'll send you a discord invite"
sadness. it's a good predictor of bad things to come, or just absolutely insufferable video calls.

>professional company
>uses nonprofessional OS

Why do companies use software for sweaty NEETs and gamers. Just use windows server edition, its so much nicer.

I’ve never heard of this, sounds good and bad though

marketing and laziness are good motivators to use trash. being ((((free)))) help.