/fwt/ - Friendly Windows Thread

Note: This general is hijacked often, fake troll threads link to gnu.org rantings or shill random software, report and ignore them.
Use the feedback form: 4channel.org/feedback

Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions.
Tell us about tools, utilities, configs, tips & tricks that enhance your life with Windows.

Remember: Notice the friendly - please be civil when possible.

>Paste
rentry.org/fwt

>Installing Windows for retards:
rentry.org/windows_for_retards

FAQ:
>Which version should I get?
>Where can I get the ISOs?
>How do I activate?
>Can I change editions after install?
>Where do I get Office?
read the paste: rentry.org/fwt

>How do I debloat/debotnet Windows 10 or 11?
Offline (pre-install): rentry.org/mdl-optimize-guide
Online (live install): privatezilla / thisiswin11 (and dont mindlessly tick everything)
Don't mix offline & online tools with each other.

>Is Optimize-Offline worth it?
No.

>Can you get the Ryzen scheduler on LTSC 2021?
Yes.

>Can I upgrade to LTSC 2021?
Only from previous LTSC builds w/o doing the upgrade matrix hack in rentry paste.

>LTSC or LTSC IoT?
Same thing just different licensing and support.
LTSC for corporate PCs/devices with 5 years support (KMS only).
LTSC IoT for consumer devices with 10 years support (HWID only).

>Do I even need LTSC?
All versions of W10 are essentially LTSC now getting mostly security updates as development of new features has shifted focus to W11.

>I already run Windows 7, but don't want to clean install?
The non-LTSC installers can upgrade.

>Are homebrew ISOs safe (Gen2/Ameliorated)?
Not really, use only official Microsoft images.

/fwt/ spammer aka staxshill filter (4chanX): pastebin.com/F0Trfkfq

Previous thread:

Attached: 9f037ae359a0935254e84a1cf0cfc243.jpg (770x1087, 195.44K)

Install Gentoo.

can you stop shilling this tranime shark shit

Attached: 1625144824545.jpg (931x1500, 529.68K)

nyo

Attached: 1629948053176.png (512x512, 221.57K)

i have a laptop with amd cpu and nvidia gpu
do i need amd radeon adrenalin which updates my display drivers every so often ?

i have auto-hide taskbar turned on but i want it to show and hide with no delay. i've already turned off the animation but i just can't get rid of the delay and google didn't find anything useful.

No, use nvcleanstall

nakadashi sharkloli

hi, trying to run win 8.1 in virtualbox, but it's pretty heavy on cpu usage
total noob at this os, any advice on how to optimize would be appreciated

I have a Microsoft bluetooth mouse and have recently installed Windows 11 on a computer for a family member. This mouse has no problems with the system powering down or going to sleep on Linux, it always reconnects, but on Windows 11, it needs to be removed and readded everytime it's woken from sleep or rebooted. Is there a power saving mode in Windows somewhere that is preventing it from coming back up and reconnecting automatically?

Attached: 1616616094265.jpg (474x699, 62.71K)

Attached: youd_be_dead.png (1280x800, 19.25K)

Is there any way to disable automatic installation of updates?

have gpu acceleration enabled

My dad's been complaining about his laptop running slow and I took a look at it and not surprisingly it was full of bloat and random shit.

Tomorrow i'm gonna completely wipe my dad's laptop and reinstall windows 10/office 365. I gave him an external drive to move all the files he wants to keep, i'll also be making an image of the drive in macrium as a double backup incase he realizes he forgot to transfer something something (i'm sure this'll happen.)

My question is if you guys were in the same situation what programs would you guys install to keep a family members PC in good shape? I was thinking i'd just throw malwarebytes, chromium, and jdownloader 2 (I'm gonna teach him how to use it to download youtube and other shit) and call it a day but i'm sure there's other stuff you guys might know that would be good. Or even some windows settings i'm not thinking of.

Attached: 1623034843865.png (480x480, 45.83K)

smart to make a full image of the drive

that sounds like a good plan, just make sure to install ublock origin on the chromium for him

oh true I forgot all about extensions

Is there a .reg equivalet or something for group policies. I just want a quick way to disable microsoft account signins on new installs.

Attached: 1624930647501.jpg (763x1000, 379.85K)

Is this really great news?

Attached: 1634551779651.png (331x75, 5.07K)

You can run W11 on any PC. You just have to intentionally disable the requirement check, and by extension, any official support and acceptance that any problems you run into will not be supported or acknowledged.

better than being stopped at the door

Attached: file.png (517x219, 13.75K)