How hard is it to break into fintech? I hear their interviews are harder than FAGMAN but they pay crazy well

how hard is it to break into fintech? I hear their interviews are harder than FAGMAN but they pay crazy well

Attached: fintech.png (1600x900, 85.95K)

>they pay crazy well
depends on the company i had some fintech job offers below my average salary

>their interviews are harder than FAGMAN
nah, i much prefer actual puzzles to leetcode grind
they're harder if you are a brainlet whose only "skill" is grinding chinkode all day because, you actually need to think and show competence at them

How hard is it? It's hard compared to big tech, yea. If you want to see exactly how hard it is for you then apply and see what happens.

generally you need a phd for quantitative finace

no, not really. i know folks at jane street without phds. i even know one guy without a formal math or cs background at jane street.

They require you to take an IQ test.

You work at JS and you're on Any Forums?

He said he knows someone who is working there.

Overall, I think JSC stands separate from others, both in big-tech and fintech, due to OCaml presence and associated niche culture.

i also know folks at citadel and akuna without phds. my sense is that, in general, phds are not a requirement for these kinds of companies (though of course they would help a lot). there may be a few ultra-elite companies where you do need a phd like renaissance tech though.

fintech is stripe, revolut, paypal, visa, robinhood etc. these are comparable to fagman in terms of salary/difficulty.
you're probably thinking of quant (jane street, citadel, hrt) and yes they're much harder and pay $400k+ new grad.
i had interviews for internships with AWS, Microsoft, Google and some others but I was resume-rejected by all quant firms except HRT, which gave me an automated leetcode hard assessment that I had to solve in C++ (i didn't)

learn erlang

>I was resume-rejected by all quant firms except HRT, which gave me an automated leetcode hard assessment that I had to solve in C++
Holy fuck, that's a high bar.

Had some Fintech interviews but their approach to devsecops is all boring so I've passed so far

It's more that big tech has a rather low bar. invert this binary tree, wow, you're hired.

Does fintech include bank software?
Or does it have to be high-frequency trading and stuff ?

Even most trading companies aren't high-frequency.

Well if normal finance software is fintech then all the idiots are losing their minds over nothing. It's dead brain simple to get into fintech lmao, way easier than AGMAN stuff

It does and yeah it's fucking boring

solving it doesn't mean you get in either. they send the test first and look at the resume later. i've seen people get rejected even though they solved it 100%.
they usually want a top 20 school with 4.0 GPA (at least for internships). previous fagman experience probably helps a lot too.

they have very few employees and make billions, so they are extremely picky.

Attached: file.png (854x628, 102.35K)

they pay monopoly money.
its all worthless.

OP is talking about working as a Quant at a hedge fund