/home appliance general?/

Have never used a vacuum cleaner before; are they worth it?

What are some home appliances you didn't care much for but they improved your life once you got them?

Attached: vaccum.png (2250x4000, 1.33M)

I have never owned or a single household vacuum cleaner that I would call good. Every single one had a hepa filter on it, and every single one smelled like it was shooting burning shit and dust directly into the air, leaving a stink that persisted an hour afterwards. Even a brand new Dyson my wife purchases had this issue.
If I need to vacuum my floors now I use a wet/dry shop vac.

why do these things have to look like they were designed by a 5 year-old transformers fanatic?
jeez

Because like RAM sticks they're all basically the same parts and only visual flare differentiates them

the hepa is useless at these air volumes
it's basically marketing

roombas are the dumbest piece of tech. it looks dumb, it acts dumb, it's just dumb.
shit's such a fucking waste of time.

miele is best. all other is shit.

most vacs air is dirtier coming out.

superior vacuum coming through

Attached: VK200_1200 (1).png (1200x1200, 389.01K)

I have a Roomba and I am quite happy with it. And who cares what it looks like as long as it works?

>most vacs air is dirtier coming out.
Have you tried not filling vac with the dirt before vacuuming?

>Have never used a vacuum cleaner before
I know this is Any Forums and all, but... really? Do you not have a carpet?

Attached: Tour-of-Glasgow-Beating-Carpet-Rug-Cleaning.jpg (615x426, 79.14K)

>Do you not have a carpet?
No, ceramic floor all my life.

not him but carpets are ugly and cleaning them fucking sucks.

Truth

Yes, but how do you avoid ever having a carpet? I lived in plenty of different homes in 2 different countries, exactly zero of those have been carpetless.

Just don't buy one, ever?

Have hardwood or vinyl flooring installed

A lot of these houses come with carpeted floors, as in, the carpet is attached to the entire floor space.

call me crazy but I think carpets are shilled just for people to spend tons of money on cleaning and maintenance.

Oh hey, good pick OP! I have a Bissel 2998 (I think that's the model number). That thing is fucking fantastic.

This is the truth. For residential applications, pretty much everything else, dyson included, are shit or overpriced.

For god sake, replace the filter every so often. If you can smell dust in the air, then it means your vacuum is just flinging it all over the place.